New Member from West Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm from South Yunderup, about 85km south of Perth. I have been brewing for about 2 years now, mainly ales with focus on the Belgian, Bavarian and various American and Aussie pale ales. At the moment my gear limits me to brewing with extract plus grain following John Palmer's half brew method - it seems to work for me.
Today I brewed my first lager (my brew #37) based on the classic Anchor Steam Beer. Let's see how this turns out.
Cheers from Amac.

Nothing wrong with half brew and partial mashes generally. The main caveat is to see your LME isn't getting too old, or stick to DME.

Ales and steam beer--are colder temps out for you at the moment?

South of Perth--are flies in the brew a problem?

Nothing wrong with half brew and partial mashes generally. The main caveat is to see your LME isn't getting too old, or stick to DME.

Ales and steam beer--are colder temps out for you at the moment?

South of Perth--are flies in the brew a problem?

Hi yankinoz, I buy local LME from a supplier that I believe has a frequent malt turnover, they brew on site for other customers too - haven't had an undrinkable beer at yet. I often blend LME and DME in the same brew.

Flies aren't a problem but the occasional mosquito might end up is a brew every now and then😝.

I ferment in a fridge to keep the temperature in the zone. Just started using a RAPT Pill to monitor the SG & Temp - early days but so far so good.

Back