New Member from Adelaide, Where to get stuff?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eisenhorn

Reaction score
I got a coopers homebrew set a while ago and after 5 brews or so got sick of cleaning the bottles, so i am wanting to get into kegging and i would like some advice on where to get kegs and taps and line and stuff like that for a reasonable price? i am happy with second hand stuff. I already have a old chest freezer i can turn into a keezer with no issues. Also i heard that pepsi kegs are the better ones to use is this right?

Hi mate try gumtree or kegland or keg king have everything you need, also there's homebrew buy and sell groups on Facebook that have good deals pop up, 19 litre corny/ Pepsi kegs are the way to go

Beer Belly at Pooraka are also excellent for not only ingredients but all types of equipment and advice.
I’ve no affiliation but I am a very happy regular customer.
I don’t personally keg, but I know they do stock kegging equipment. Check their website or drop in.

Is there any detriment to runnign bigger kegs than needed? all my previous brews have been 23L but most kegs are 19? if i get bigger kegs does that affect smaller brews and what do other people do with th extra 4L?

Is there any detriment to runnign bigger kegs than needed? all my previous brews have been 23L but most kegs are 19? if i get bigger kegs does that affect smaller brews and what do other people do with th extra 4L?

You can bottle what won't fit in the keg. It's always handy to have a few bottles on hand for takeaways, or just to have as tasters before you're ready to tap the keg or as leftovers once that delicious keg is gone.
I like to do 27 litre all grain brews, which gives me a keg and a carton. I do smaller batches in the Robobrew, but still get about a dozen stubbies.

Alternatively, you could just make your brews up to 19 or 20 litres.

Oh, and +1 for BeerBelly.

I have only been doing the brew cans so far and they do 23L would i just add less water and make it stronger over all?

I have only been doing the brew cans so far and they do 23L would i just add less water and make it stronger over all?

Yep, just use a few litres less water and if you want to keep the same alcohol strength, use a bit less sugar/DME/dextrose/brew enhancer. You'll end up with a fuller flavour, a little bit darker and perhaps a little more bitter than what you're used to, but that can't be a bad thing.

Latest posts

Back