New Member (All Grain) in Canberra

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Augo

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Moved back to CBR about a year ago for work, and have recently moved into all-grain in the last 6 months. 3V HERMS system I built over the Christmas break is pictured below. Have got 16 brews on it since Jan 18. Am loving the move to AG and am looking forward to learning more about this great hobby on this site.

Cheers!!

Augo

IMG_2485.jpg

Hi everyone. Moved back to CBR about a year ago for work, and have recently moved into all-grain in the last 6 months. 3V HERMS system I built over the Christmas break is pictured below. Have got 16 brews on it since Jan 18. Am loving the move to AG and am looking forward to learning more about this great hobby on this site.

Cheers!!

Augo

View attachment 112970
Nice setup, how much did it all cost you?

Wow, that's some shiny gear! Great job.

Make sure to get in touch with the Canberra Brewers (via facebook or the website canberrabrewers.com.au) and get along to a meeting. Great people all keen to compare stories/beers and knowledge.

Meetings are the first Wednesday at the month at the Gorman Arts Centre in Ainslie (close to Civic), things kick off with an education session at 7.30pm. If you can't make it to meetings, there are often other meet-ups and activities etc.

Thanks guys. Am definitely keen to drop in to CBR Brewers, but something always seems to come up.....See you there soon!!

Augo

Nice setup, how much did it all cost you?

All the brew hardware, including the mill and other equipment off screen came to about $1800. Went with kegs that I cut, drilled and polished to keep kettle costs down.

I got lazy with the brew stand and just threw $$$ at it. I can work with timber, but I consider myself pretty useless with steel. I was running out of time over the Christmas break and wanted to brew, so I just bought the stand from Bunnings. That cost about $500 alone, but it's heavy duty enough to handle extra weight if I ever upgrade to larger brewing volumes.

So, all up, $2300. I recognise there are plenty of ways to achieve the same outcome for less, but I enjoy tinkering.

Augo

Edit; Checked records. Hardware purchase about $1500. The other $300 was bulk grain, hops etc.

Latest posts

Back