New Matilda Bay Brewery In Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backlane Brewery

Reaction score
Found this on realbeer.com. Those stubbies of Stockade on ebay will now be worth more than Duff! :p

Its time for the garage days at Matilda Bay
Mar 15, 2005
Matilda Bay Brewing Company is proud to announce the opening of the The Matilda Bay Garage Brewery in Victoria. Matilda Bay has acquired the brewing equipment from Bacchus International, brewers of Stockade Premium Lager, as Bacchus has decided to concentrate on its core spirits business. The opportunity for Matilda Bay arose to purchase the brewing equipment from Bacchus, giving Matilda Bay a new presence here on the East Coast.
Brad Rogers, The Malt, Hops and Water Guy from Matilda Bay, is extremely excited about the new little brewery, which will give a footprint in the East and the opportunity to be very creative with even smaller batches. Brad cant wait to start filling the tanks. Production at Matilda Bays home in North Fremantle, Western Australia, will continue as normal, with the new brewery giving that extra bit of flexibility, such as the ability to do very short, limited release runs of "way-out-there" beers.
Resembling the average dream shed, it will be dubbed The Matilda Bay Garage Brewery, bringing Matilda Bay back to its roots. All businesses go through their garage days and ideas for new beers will put through their own garage phase said Brad.
The good news for Australias growing number of craft beer fans is the Matilda Bay Team will be getting up to some more exciting things.
The core Matilda Bay range of Redback, Beez Neez, Bohemian Pilzner and Rooftop will continue to be the best craft beers available, and Brad has got more in store for the Brewers Reserve range.

Any idea where it will be?

It says they acquired the brewing equipment so that could mean anything I guess.

Just hope it doesn't meet the same fate as the Redback Brewery in Flemington Road.

Do they actually do anything with that equipment anymore? Twas a good Friday night hangout 15 years ago.

Now just a shadow of it's former shelf. :(

Warren -

I work a block from there & the last time I looked (a few years back) the big copper vessels were just sitting there looking desirable.

Think you'd fit 'em in your garage Rob? You'd need a fair-sized step-ladder to stir your mash. :lol:

Warren -

Cut a hole through from the kids bedroom and work from the top. No problem :D

Whew! :huh:

What lengths would they go for for a Weihenstephaner Hefe?

Only the Beer Gods would know. <_<

Warren -

RobW said:
Cut a hole through from the kids bedroom and work from the top. No problem :D
[post="52115"][/post]​

Ahhh! Just how it should be... An understanding family. :lol: :lol:

Concessions are there to be made.

Warren -

I hope they move into the redback hotel, if they do.. i'll have a brewery round the corner, how exciting

Back