New Manifold - do I need to change PSI?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pallyjim

Reaction score
I'm in the process of setting up my keezer (I'll drop some photos as soon as it's done) and I've run into some psi issues. I've forced carb'd in the past with no problems, 30 for a day or 2, then drop to 12psi to serve.

Bought one of these
https://www.thebrewshop.com.au/gas-manifold-4-way-kegking.html

And everything seems all over the place. I can't push the beer out of the tube at 12PSI, and to get a similar carb response I have to push it up about 6-8psi.

Has anyone had similar issues?

I've had a manifold sitting around for ages and finally connected it up.

I'm noticing the same issue. At normal serving pressure I got barely a trickle out of the tap.

Was wondering also if I had to compensate for the manifold and increase the pressure.

Watching this with interest.

A no return valve takes pressure to open (forward pressure).
There needs to be a difference of more than the forward pressure to open the valve, therefore, you need to add the forward pressure to the pressure coming out of the CO2 tank.

The problem is (with my manifold anyway) is that they are cheap NRV's, and differ between them.

The manifold linked on the OP has NRV's on each outlet

n87 said:
A no return valve takes pressure to open (forward pressure).
There needs to be a difference of more than the forward pressure to open the valve, therefore, you need to add the forward pressure to the pressure coming out of the CO2 tank.

The problem is (with my manifold anyway) is that they are cheap NRV's, and differ between them.

The manifold linked on the OP has NRV's on each outlet
+1

The cracking pressure on the NRV's are all over the shop on those crappy valves they fit to the manifolds.

For a similar price push fitting tees with push fit inline check valves are a much better option IMHO.

(But that doesn't help the OP. :( )

Once you have it plumbed to gas, you should also check it for leaks.
I had some gas escaping around where the tap screws into the aluminium.

Latest posts

Back