New Kegland Grain Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBOB

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone spotted at the end of the fermentasaurus video posted today by Kegland on facebook, but they have plans for a new grain mill, inbuilt motor

looks like a pretty neat little design

thought i'd post it here in case others didnt see it

Mill.jpg

Yes, it looks a bit like that German one. A narrow roller with a large diameter, only this one has a motor attached. Looks nice!

Geez that looks tiny.
Wouldn't it take ages to mill the grain or do these work quicker because of the larger roller diameter?

Never used one so I'm not sure.

I would think it would be a lot slower given the rollers are so narrow. The aperture the grain passes through is smaller so flow rate would be restricted.

With a larger diameter roller, I believe you can run it faster without ripping the grain to pieces.
As far as how much per minute compared to the KK standard roller mill.... that would take some maths that I couldnt be arsed doing.

It's because of the larger roller diameter you have to run it slower, because where the rollers meet the speed is faster the larger they are. When you run a mill that has knurling on the rollers at a fast speed that's when you generally get the ripping of the grain. So it will depend on what the rpm of the motor will be as to how it performs.

My mate has a malt muncher and hand cranks. The crush always looks great but put a drill on it and it tears the grain to pieces.

I wonder exactly how similar it will be to the Matmill mills...

It'll probably be a similar situation to how the KegKing helix coil seems to be eerily like the MattMill lauter helix coil...Mattias, or whatever his name is, really needs to look in to patents for this stuff, if he hasn't already

It'll probably be a similar situation to how the KegKing helix coil seems to be eerily like the MattMill lauter helix coil...Mattias, or whatever his name is, really needs to look in to patents for this stuff, if he hasn't already
Agree, he should put a patent on the mill, but I think he would have difficulty trying to patent a spring.

Back