New Keg Pricing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo

Reaction score
This may have been asked before (couldn’t find anything when I searched):

Why is a new half corny virtually the same price, if not more expensive than a new 19l keg with exactly the same specs?

I’m not expecting it to be half price, but I don’t understand how it can have half the capacity yet be more expensive. I really want one so I’ll probably buy one anyway, mainly for portability, but it doesn’t make logical sense to me how it’s priced.

Anyone know why?

Why is a new half corny virtually the same price, if not more expensive than a new 19l keg

Anyone know why?

Because a 9 L keg does not have half the parts of a 19L keg, it’s only missing maybe 2 square foot of stainless steel?

Because a 9 L keg does not have half the parts of a 19L keg, it’s only missing maybe 2 square foot of stainless steel?
Yeah, but that doesn’t explain why at some retailers it’s more expensive than a new 19L. I’m not expecting to pay 50% less, I’m not silly. Just confused why it cost more money for less.

Plus new 19l kegs need to complete with second hand ones.

Hard to find 2nd hand mini-kegs. (Meaning they are more expensive new, but better resale value.)

Plus new 19l kegs need to complete with second hand ones.

Hard to find 2nd hand mini-kegs. (Meaning they are more expensive new, but better resale value.)
Fair call. Didn’t think of it like that. Might just bite the bullet, would look good against my 19L ones anyway. :)

Back