New Keg Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul

Reaction score
Heres a couple of pics of my new keg fridge.

I was using a chest freezer for a few years but it recently died and I've been unable to find another at the right price.

I was given this upside down fridge. It would fit four kegs if the taps were through the door but as I no longer have door taps I have rigged up my font inside of the fridge.

With 2 kegs in it theres still room for drinks under the kegs and in the door shelves.

kegfr.JPG

kegfr2.JPG

Very neat job! You don't know it's a boozer fridge until you open the doors. I love the font inside the fridge, but I must admit that I prefer to pour a beer without having to open my fridge door.

What's the metal base under the kegs made from? I need a sturdy 2 keg platform for my fridge...

Cheers,
TL

Edit: sp.

The plate is 3mm aluminium.

It was a leftover from my chest freezer. It used to be on the inside of the lid with the font screwed through it.

I just placed it on the shelf to hold the weight of the kegs and used the existing hole in it for the font.

Although i have to open the door now to pour a beer I no longer need to worry about flies etc on my taps.

I didnt put the taps on the outside as this is a spare fridge incase the one in the kitchen shits itself.

...yeah, good thinking - if the fridge craps itself I'm up for a new tap installation job...but I'll worry about that if/when it happens.
Cheers,
TL

Heres a couple of pics of my new keg fridge.

I was using a chest freezer for a few years but it recently died and I've been unable to find another at the right price.

I was given this upside down fridge. It would fit four kegs if the taps were through the door but as I no longer have door taps I have rigged up my font inside of the fridge.

With 2 kegs in it theres still room for drinks under the kegs and in the door shelves.

They were made in the days when FP made good fridges Paul!

Holesaw makes quick work of that TL :D

Yup...so far my holesaw has done the fridge taps and a keg shaped kettle and is about to come out of retirement to do its thing again on a keg shaped HLT!!

Cheers,
TL

Latest posts

Back