New - Ipswich Qld. Kegerator build info research.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where to Buy?

• Total voters
Hi, Yea that's life.
Could be worse. I've seen far more smashed ones on forums. They really need to do something about frame re-enforcement on the back corners and better base packaging if they really expect them to survive transit.

My build is sort of on hold currently.
They did get the remaining missing and damaged Keg back to me yesterday so that's good.

ATM I'm dealing with a lot of stuff for my Dad (85 with Dementia).
Including his age pension just got reviewed and cancelled so I'm dealing with the daily multiple multi page forms and day long multiple phone calls trying to get them all the info they constantly request. There's a lot of things going on currently but you get the gist. I probably shouldn't air too much of my personal life online. LoL ;)

My last Brew in the ferment-er has been sitting now into it's 3rd week. It's probably a chuck out job now. Will be the first one I've ever chucked.

If I can get some time one night and I'm not too tired I might put the font and taps on and run the lines to the black liquid disconnects and at least get that much done. I have to decide on line lengths yet. I've been seeing that people recommend to go longer rather then shorter. I can't remember the lengths but I think it was 2-3 Meters each. Not sure. I will look at it again before I do anything. I did buy some extra tubing.

I also have to put some thought as to gas line lengths etc to and from the manifold and internal regulators.
I haven't come to a decision there yet. I was going to just leave it all loose and sit them on top of the Kegs but maybe I should at the very least bolt them to a bit of ply wood to sit on top. I don't think there is really anywhere to mount them inside the fridge. I really don't want any of it outside to get knocked as specially with dad and his "I never touched it" tinkering. LoL :(

OK. Gota go. No sleep again and lots to do. Chat more as time allows and might try and fit in a visit some time when it suits?

Oh almost forgot. Also on my to do list. I think getting one of those small pump up spray bottles from bunnings for cleaning the lines etc might be the go. I need to get that before I can fill stuff etc. Also I have no proper steriliser yet as KegLand was out of stock and still is. But I have Potassium MBS & Citric Acid Crystals if that's suitable as an interim thing?

Sorry to hear about your Kegerator being damaged mate, anything I can help you with putting it together just give me a shout mate.

Hi, Yea that's life.
Could be worse. I've seen far more smashed ones on forums. They really need to do something about frame re-enforcement on the back corners and better base packaging if they really expect them to survive transit.

My build is sort of on hold currently.
They did get the remaining missing and damaged Keg back to me yesterday so that's good.

ATM I'm dealing with a lot of stuff for my Dad (85 with Dementia).
Including his age pension just got reviewed and cancelled so I'm dealing with the daily multiple multi page forms and day long multiple phone calls trying to get them all the info they constantly request. There's a lot of things going on currently but you get the gist. I probably shouldn't air too much of my personal life online. LoL ;)

My last Brew in the ferment-er has been sitting now into it's 3rd week. It's probably a chuck out job now. Will be the first one I've ever chucked.

If I can get some time one night and I'm not too tired I might put the font and taps on and run the lines to the black liquid disconnects and at least get that much done. I have to decide on line lengths yet. I've been seeing that people recommend to go longer rather then shorter. I can't remember the lengths but I think it was 2-3 Meters each. Not sure. I will look at it again before I do anything. I did buy some extra tubing.

I also have to put some thought as to gas line lengths etc to and from the manifold and internal regulators.
I haven't come to a decision there yet. I was going to just leave it all loose and sit them on top of the Kegs but maybe I should at the very least bolt them to a bit of ply wood to sit on top. I don't think there is really anywhere to mount them inside the fridge. I really don't want any of it outside to get knocked as specially with dad and his "I never touched it" tinkering. LoL :(

OK. Gota go. No sleep again and lots to do. Chat more as time allows and might try and fit in a visit some time when it suits?

Oh almost forgot. Also on my to do list. I think getting one of those small pump up spray bottles from bunnings for cleaning the lines etc might be the go. I need to get that before I can fill stuff etc. Also I have no proper steriliser yet as KegLand was out of stock and still is. But I have Potassium MBS & Citric Acid Crystals if that's suitable as an interim thing?
Hey mate, not sure about the Potassium MBS & Crystals, never used it.
I’m off next week so maybe I can head around & offer some advice on the Kegerator set-up ?
PS- I live at Bunnings, might see you there

Latest posts

Back