New High Powered Turkey Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Formidable! :beerbang:

Could the NASA be finally out-gunned? :unsure:

Warren -

Oohhhhh yeah!!! :super:

I could be in the market for a burner soon too (thinking of putting together a 50L tiered setup). I was thinking of going with the NASA burner but it just doesn't feel right now, knowing that there's something like this out there! :D

Has anyone found some pics of this thing going :beerbang:

Nice find Jimmyjack! Im in the market for a burner soon aswell this looks the goods, i wonder if it would burn my wort though?

That might just be a 'Safe-T-Loc' fitting or whatever they are called. You pay about $20 more for a cylinder with the external thread, they have them in Bunnings but the swap & go cylinders don't have them. You can get an adaptor though.

I've emailed them about shipping costs / bulk deals, I'll let you know what they say!

I have a turkey burner from america that had that external gas fitting thingy that didnt fit the bottle out here. went to gameco and they gave me the aussi conversion for 20 bones. it was too easy.

Pretty crook deal when you've got to order them from the states. Particularly when most of them are manufactured in China. We should be getting them for a song. <_<

Warren -

Do these come in the LPG flavour as well...could be interested as well.

What a great "Tim Allen" toy :)

Hello Wortgames, did you receive an email back from them?

I tried top order one, but the only "cheap" option for Hobart was USPS priority. This was then cancelled as it wasn't available for some reason :blink:

otherwise I have to pay more for freight than what the burner is worth.... :beerbang:

edit: added more info & smilies :rolleyes:

Hi guys i had ordered one of these and then a week later they finally told me that USPS priotry does not ship to Australia, So I reordered using USPS Parcel which cost 110.60 shipping, quite costly but I am prepared to do it. All up it was 170 Us to get one of these suckas out here. They emailed me back with the following email and reply " Hopefully she gets off her ass and goes to the post office!!!

JJ

CAN. . . BUT I HAVE TO WAREHOUSE HOP IT. MEANING, ILL HAVE TO BRING IT TO THE POST OFFICE MYSELF. IF YOULL TAKE THE CHARGES FOR SHIPPIING IT LIKE THAT. . . ILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:03 PM
To: 'Do Right Services'
Subject: RE: BAYOU CLASSIC DEPOT ORDER

Misty, I have just reordered via USPS Parcel for more money. I really want this item. If none of your S & H methods can handle international why do you have international addresses on your check out pages? Can you please inform me how I can ship this item? If I cant get any resolve I will have to query your parent company for assistance.

Regards,

Jim Hollars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, 11 November 2005 6:20 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: BAYOU CLASSIC DEPOT ORDER

Your order cannot be processed. The area in which you are shipping is not available via USPS. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Your order is now cancelled. Your credit card has not been charged. (I double checked with the warehouse before we e-mailed you.)

Thank you!

Misty Gray

I emailed 'them' a couple of times and never got any replies.

If you do a bit of investigating, it looks like an internet geek who has his finger in all sorts of pies. 'They' sell all sorts of different products and probably use drop shippers (ie their suppliers ship directly to their customers), so I doubt anyone there has even seen one of these in the flesh.

Good luck to them, but I suspect we are just going to be a bit too inconvenient for their business model.

I had the same reply Jimmyjack, and thought tha same about international destinations re shipping. The option available for Australia is i bleieve overly expensive.

Can you let us know when this beauty arrives & how it performs?

Wortgames, it's a pity that they haven't had the courtesy of replying to your emails. I'm sure there is enough interest to import a few "Down Under" :unsure:

I might wait until Jimmy posts his notes on the delivery :rolleyes:

It appears they are going to ship, but I still do not have confirmation. These burners are manufactured by Barbour International and it appears it uses Do Right Services for their Logistics and web page services. If I dont get a satisfactory responce on delivery I'm gonna contact Barbour and hopefully they will move to action. I'm frigging sick of companies claiming they can ship to Aussi and then dont. I know its a tad exspensive to get out here but I cant source any Turkey Burner/Nasa in Oz. G and Grape are sold out of the 135000 btu model. I will keep everyone posted on the delivery progress.

Just got this from DO Right Services,

"I am having to warehouse hop it. Its on its way here. Its going to take a few days. J"

So it looks like they will do it with a little coaxing. I will let you guys know when I get it. As Wortgames said theya are a reshipper that supports international destinations but their originator does not.

Did you ever get your kick"A" burner? I was having a look at those right before i found this thread.

If so how'd it go?

Cheers

:beer:

Richard

No, they never were able to deliver. It was really frustrating because that burner would have been the #$&t!!!. Unforunately, some American companies only think America exists. I got the Nasa from G and G and it is still a beast.

Cheers, JJ

Latest posts

Back