New Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m3taL

Reaction score
So Im ******* stoked!!!!!

Put an add on our Estates Book Page Wanted: free Fridge doenst need to work just need it for a new hobby will pickup

So i get a message last night from someone saying "We have a fridge that we need gone as were moving, Freezer works well however fridge only barlely works, come get it"

So i go get it and im doing them a favor there all like yep thanks mate.... So they had the seals done in it 3 months ago, and it still didnt work well.....

I get it home, rip the back panel off inside the freezer, Fans stalled.... take the fan out find a caroded terminal, fixed it fan booted up now works like brand new.

SCORE!!!!!

Gotta Love Free... got another coming tomorrow same model!!!! Same Issue

Exact same thing with my keggerator
a bloke had a couple of fridges and freezers listed on freecycle
I asked him to keep me the full size fridge and he was fine with that
turned up and the ******* had given away the full size fridge, but still had a rusty old stand up freezer and a smallish fridge/freezer that was noisy and wasn't working properly, so i took the fridge/freezer
got it home, ripped the back panel out and noticed the fan blade had moved forwards a little and was rubbing on the panel in front of it
so i just pushed it back a little and it was fixed!

I think everyone needs to chill out with this thread

I drove past a fridge on the side of the road with a free, works sign on it. I stopped and was having a look when the lady came out and said the door does not shut well so was wasting power and she thought it better to replace it. The fridge was a big one and not old old so I said I'll be bake in 10 with the trailer, she was over the moon that I collected it and she didn't have to pay for someone to dump it. Cleaned it up and a simple adjustment to the door hinge and it's a beauty.

Best part is it cost nothing and everyone had a win.

People give away so many good fridges its rediculous.
Its almost harder to find a cheap fridge than a free one.

People give away so many good fridges its rediculous.
Its almost harder to find a cheap fridge than a free one.

Costs you to dump them here as they degas them before recycle. I think the price of power also prevents some people running more than one fridge these days, my wife reminds me of this every power bill we receive. :rolleyes:

Costs you to dump them here as they degas them before recycle. I think the price of power also prevents some people running more than one fridge these days, my wife reminds me of this every power bill we receive. :rolleyes:

Sssshhhhh! The walls have ears.

I run my fridges at work where my brewery is. $0.05 kw/h peak.
Supprisingly my electricity bill at home didn't drop dramasictally concidering I now only have one fridge at home instead of 5.
I think the plasma TV, RC aircon, always on computer/NAS/router/laser printer etc weigh in more heavily on the electricty bill than people often give them credit for.

SWMBO's hair dryer would use more power than a brew fridge if she used it regularly.

SWMBO's hair dryer would use more power than a brew fridge if she used it regularly.

Not to mention, the hair straightener, all the heating lights on and the fan in the bathroom for an hour so she can see better to put on her makeup and do her hair when we go out. etc etc.

Back