Quantcast

New Forum Is Online

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
Well as you can see the newly skinned forum is up and running. Hopefully everything should be working OK. Please reply to this thread or start your own in the Forum Issues & Suggestions

I hope everything likes the new theme as it will hopefully look and feel a little bit more suitable. I will be added the the other sections as I get them ready - as you can see atm they are 'fermenting' at the moment.

All images and avatars should be up and running - but again report any issues.

I'd love to hear everyone comments (good or bad) on the new layout. Personally I think it looks a lot more proffesional while still giving all the functionaly of the 'portal' style (quick search, nav bar, users, stats, etc all clearly visable).

Hope you enjoy! :chug:

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Well looks good to me

PostModern

Iron Wolf Brewery
Reaction score
Nice work fiscus! Looks great from here.
Sorry about all the bug reports :D

btw, I just noticed member number 298 has signed up... only 2 to go for the next century!

dane

Reaction score
I know not far to go!!!

Yeah I'm sure there will be some little things to fix up over the W/E. But most things seem to be working OK. Although I'm not too sure if the 'Recent Topic's Section is porting the latest info through - I'll have to check that!

PostModern

Iron Wolf Brewery
Reaction score
Another thing for the wishlist (sorry. no urgency).

The "Mark this Forum as Read" link doesn't seem to be there any more. Was handy when there were no unread posts in a forum but the glass still showed as full on the main forum list.

dane

Reaction score
If you are in a forum (not a thread) there should be the option to 'Mark Forum as Read' down the bottom.

Let me know if I need to move this around.

I have got a little list of things to do for tommorow:

Fix Button's Move & Delete in Inbox of PM

The 'Top' button is now in PM system but need to be fixed (as per below)
Need to fix all ICQ, MSN, AIM, WWW, EMAIL, PM, REPORT graphics in users section of posts. They are all out of alignment (and look crappy).

Need to fix background colour in the 'Open Tags' formatting options (above)

Finally to fix out little 'chugging' smiley guy so we can read his text (this has bugged me since the board opened LOL).

The Recent topics system is working. But ATM it is only reporting whoever started the topic, rather than who last replied. Need to correct this.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to add to this list.

Time for bed now.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
fiscus,
will we still be able to see who is actively logged on. I cant seem to find that function any more.
cheers B)

joecast

Eat, drink...and drink some more.
Reaction score
well, good choice on the slogan.

second, the site looks great. really like the color scheme. looks like you have a bit of work still lined up, but so far, nice job
joe

JasonY

The Imperial Metric Brewery
Reaction score
Looks great fiscus. Good work!

EDIT: Just clicked the More... under the recent topics and it reported an error or something?

dane

Reaction score
johnno said:
fiscus,
will we still be able to see who is actively logged on. I cant seem to find that function any more.
cheers B)
johnno, the user list can be seen down the bottom. However it isn;t visible when you are in a thread. Do you want to be able to see it all the time?

If so where do you want to move it? Maybe up the top under 'User Control Panel' - thats the only real spare space available.

Unless I keep display the users down the bottom as it is on the index page but make it so it is visible all the time (ie. in threads etc)

Let me know what you (and others) think.

dane

Reaction score
JasonY said:
Looks great fiscus. Good work!

EDIT: Just clicked the More... under the recent topics and it reported an error or something?
The more link has been fixed. It was previously displays only unread topics rather than just new (recent) topics. The error message effectively saying that there aren't any unread topics since you last visited.

Anyway all fixed now.

Recent Topic list has also been fixed. Keep the bugs coming.

volcano

Reaction score
Looks great.
Has the "Quick reply" option always been there?

dane

Reaction score
Nope. It wasn't on the other forum. And I only turned it on this morning on the new forum. I forgot to switch it on last night. It's a nice little feature!!

I have added some 'temporary' buttons for the moment. They are a little greenish I think but will do for the meantime.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
looking the grouse fiscus
well done
nursing a hangover at the moment but having a good look at the site.
im impressed

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
fiscus,
now that you've pointed it out its ok, I can see where you mean. i dont know how anyone else feels about it but i've always liked being able to see who is online.
I did like the way it was on the side before though.
Dont mean to sound too fussy but it looks like there has been a fair bit of space lost on both sides. It looks kinda squashed in. Still lookin tops though.
Nice slogan as well.

cheers B)

dane

Reaction score
johnno said:
fiscus,
now that you've pointed it out its ok, I can see where you mean. i dont know how anyone else feels about it but i've always liked being able to see who is online.
I did like the way it was on the side before though.
Dont mean to sound too fussy but it looks like there has been a fair bit of space lost on both sides. It looks kinda squashed in. Still lookin tops though.
Nice slogan as well.

cheers B)
I'll have a look at it....not too sure where I can put an online list apart from down the bottom (it is also dispayed in threads as well at the bottom). Suggestions welcome :D

I prefer the look of set width forums rather than full width (probably because I am on a 21" screen @ 1600x1200 and fullscreen is just too wide.

I will look at doing a full width copy of this skin so users can choose which skin they want to be shown.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
thanks fiscus

Yeah i have a bigger monitor as well so i know what you mean.
Sounds good , having the choice of skin and online list at the bottom.
cheers B)

Trev

Reaction score
Looks good but the idea of getting an optional wider skin would be good, at least for me 'cause I use a laptop.

Also, I take it the 'Next Newest' & 'Next Oldest' links at the end of a thread apply only to that forum, rather than the board in general?

Trev

Goat

NULL
Reaction score
Looking great fiscus..... !

I would second Johnno's comments about seeing who's online and the side frame (?) was a great way to do that. Given your options, I would suggest the top of the page so that you don't have to scroll down all the way to see teh list of people on line.

Has this been tested on Netscape? I thought the site was down for a few days and resorted to the Evil Empire (IE) this morning there it is in all its glory !

You've done a great job with it - I hope father Christmas does the right thing....

dane

Reaction score
Trev said:
Looks good but the idea of getting an optional wider skin would be good, at least for me 'cause I use a laptop.

Also, I take it the 'Next Newest' & 'Next Oldest' links at the end of a thread apply only to that forum, rather than the board in general?

Trev
Yeah the next newest and oldest and a forum specific navigation rather than the whole board.

Latest posts