New Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ras77

Reaction score
Afternoon People

I have come to the conclusion that to move forward I need to start looking at conical unitank fermenter :)
I currently running 42 litres batch's (2 kegs 19 litre kegs) and want to also look at future proofing my setup because we would all agree I'm about to lay out some $$$ on this and want to get it right.

Options
14 gal or 53 litres would sever my current setup well
1/2 Barrel or 58.7 litres will only give me 1.7 litre head room if I wanted to brew 3 kegs (57 liter batch's)
1 Barrel or 117 litres (omg) $$$

The biggest concern is the 1/2 barrel headspace only been 1.7 litres and the next step up I need to sell a kidney hahahahaha

ok am I missing something here
1606730677678.png

Half bbl 58.7 litres
Half bbl 17 gal =64 litres

Is that from SS brew tech or New Era brewing site Ras? The brewing volumes quoted are well under the total volume of the unitanks. The 1 bbl quotes a brew length of 120lts but the tank capacity is 155lts. The half bbl is approx 77lts total capacity.

Hey Razz

Was looking at the ss brewtech gear thanks for the info 77lts should work

Is that from SS brew tech or New Era brewing site Ras? The brewing volumes quoted are well under the total volume of the unitanks. The 1 bbl quotes a brew length of 120lts but the tank capacity is 155lts. The half bbl is approx 77lts total capacity.

Was from SS brewtech site and just recived a email from New Era brewing half barrel is around 64lts

Latest posts

Back