New Fermenter Tap and Bottle Filler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_guy

Reaction score
My very basic bottle filler failed with last brew - collapsed into a bottle.

I went to Bunnings and put together one of my own.

Hope it works!

photo-9.JPGphoto-10.JPG

Kinda looks like a lot to clean.
So you have replaced the standard tap with this?

It looks like it will last you for quite some time.
I wouldn't be so worried about the cleaning of it as the beer going through it should be pretty easy to clean out.

I would be more concerned about the fact that it won't automatically stop the flow when you have filled a bottle which is a major positive when I use mine. I would also be concerned about the fact that you will be introducing quite a lot of oxygen since you can't get that contraption to the bottom of your bottle and you will be splashing while filling.
I know that the cheapies at the LHBS may not last all that long but I like the convenience of quickly filling bottles without having to turn on and off an handle.
Having more oxygen in your bottle will mean that the beer will have a lot more oxygen than would be required for the yeast to perform the carbonation which will impact shelf life and taste.

Cheers

Roller

I used to love the old standard one that comes with the fermentor attached to a two meter plastic hose.

Cheap reliable and quick. Line the bottles up and your off.

Yes std tap replaced - trust me the way the tap operates it is 100 times easier to turn on/off than the plastic tap. I did consider oxygenation and can use the tube from the original.
It was a very small investment of $25 and is removalable adaptable and upgradable

Thanks for the tips

Latest posts

Back