• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

New Dual Gauge Gas Regulators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMK

BrewInn Barossa:~ Home to GMKenterprises ~
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Picked up my brand new Harris 601 Regulator today. Dual Gauge.

Here is a pick.

I can\should be able to get them for 90.00ea - maybe cheaper with a job lot of 5.

If you interested - just PM me.

Harris601.jpg

OK

I have secured a great price on these brand new regs with 12 month warranty for 80.00ea.

Pm me if you are interested or what to take part in the order - looking at least 5 minimum.....

Here is another pic.

I have one spare - does anyone want it for 80.00 before i put it up on E-Bay...

Harris_Reg2.jpg

question for those using the Harris 601 ...

what pressure are you dialling up to gas your beer? everyone talks about kpa, but my conversion tables must be out (or I'm not reading them properly) because I just can't seem to get a consistent outcome :blink:

any help appreciated :)

Jimmy

I generally gas at 60psi for 22 hours. No magic science involved, it just seems to work best for my set up after a bit of trial and error.

I always gas at the same pressure and vary the time lapse to obtain different results depending on style, preference, day of the week :p etc etc.

Cheers

jimmysuperlative said:
question for those using the Harris 601 ...

what pressure are you dialling up to gas your beer? everyone talks about kpa, but my conversion tables must be out (or I'm not reading them properly) because I just can't seem to get a consistent outcome :blink:

any help appreciated :)
[post="67018"][/post]​

Jimmy,

Here's a link to my method - From the pm's I've recieved it's pretty foolproof...

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...938&#entry51938

Hope it helps...

Thanks for the replies ...I will crack it eventually!! The trial and error approach seems to be my best option. I'm just getting frustrated having to bleed off pressure after gassing up :huh:

I don't like having to adjust my regulator at all. My method is one pressure for all jobs.

Basically, I just hook up the gas line at dispensing pressure - 14psi. I leave it like that until it's ready (if I'm patient) or shake the hell out of it for about 2 mins, wait 10 mins, shake some more...

14psi for carbonating and serving with a 2 meter, 4mm ID beer line. Works like a charm. Obviously if a beer needs to be fizzier, I'll have to carbonate high then burp and turn down the pressure for dispensing, but that's a path I'd rather avoid if I can. I'm really anal about my seals, so there is only a small risk of losing a whole bottle of gas. I'm sure it'll happen some day, tho.

I'm using John Guest high pressure tubing for my gas and beer lines ...and I wonder if that is what's stuffing me up. Sometimes there is variation in the gauge reading. For example, I might gas up to 36psi, depress the gas disconnect pin to release pressure ...but, the guage will only climb up to 30psi. Or sometimes it'll climb further than the original setting??????

The tubing connects to the gas disconnect and the regulator with JG push fittings.

Maybe I'm paying the price for not using the "KISS" design method. :( :wacko:

Back