New Carlton Draught Advert

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THAT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST ADDS I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS

If only their beer had that much body.... aha ha... get it?

Very good.
The beer dancing down your throat.
As it is a CD ad, maybe there will be a second one where it comes back up :lol:

Doc

The Big Ad seems to have worked well for Fosters.
Snippets from here

Beers,
Doc

A month after its debut on the internet and two weeks into its television run, Carlton Draught's "Big Ad" looks like becoming the most talked about advertisement of the year.

It features a computer-generated army of men wearing what look like habits running towards one another to form a giant glass of beer. It has appeared on thousands of blogs and is popping up on programs across the free-to-air networks.

Since Foster's Australia emailed it to 4000 employees on a Friday afternoon in July, 1.7 million people worldwide have seen it, including 10,000 people in Hungary on one day.

The word-of-mouth momentum it generated - known in adland as "viral marketing" - has exceeded the brewer's expectations and it is now scaling back the commercial's TV air time.

According to ACNielsen's Liquor Index, Carlton Draught is already the fastest-growing brand in volume and value in Australia. Based on those figures, Foster's expects it to overtake its own Victoria Bitter and rival Lion Nathan's Tooheys New by this time next year.

The ad worked a treat. Sales of carlton draught picked up in the stores i deal with.

Good old marketing......they spend more on selling dog urine than they do making the stuff.

Why dont you see adverts for Home brew.... just a thought.

Really does show you how important marketing is.

Bobby said:
The ad worked a treat. Sales of carlton draught picked up in the stores i deal with.
[post="74677"][/post]​

That is disappointing. What do people do, watch the advertisement and think, "Well, that was a good ad, I guess I had better go and get some of that beer!"

they see a cool ad, so assume consuming the product make them cool.

we are all suckers for it.

I'd like to think most people aren't that weak minded. I guess I give people too much credit sometimes.

It is a shame that people get sucked in by marketing, crownies anyone? people think that crap is a premium beer?? Its Not just beer but movies, music, ringtones etc, can't people make their own mind up of what they want to do and what they enjoy. sigh, i'm getting depressed, now where's my home brew.......

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

I love that ad still though, you can't help but enjoy it. My girlfriend loves it too. I have to give them some credit for at least creating an ad that I don't mind watching, versus all the other crud on televison and crap adds.

Bring back Big Brother! F%^& NOT! Is anyone else as P-O with reality TV as me?

Cheers.

yeah your not alone on the reality tv ive been over it for about 3 years now

I hate all those 'reality' shows, but I'm not a big television watcher so it doesn't bother me so much.

I guess the thing that irks me about the advertisement is that it is so smug. Ah well.

Latest posts

Back