New Brisbane Brewshop?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trough Lolly

"Drink, Feck, Arse, Girls"!
Reaction score
I was emailing a mate in Brissie the other day who told me of a place in Brisbane "that cheats"!

He says:
You tell them what you want to brew out of their selection, you then hang around and pour the contents into their brewing vats. Then you hang around another half hour or so, during this time there are all these other brewers there so you can taste test. Then you can go home. The idea being that because you hung around and helped out, they can say to the law that they are home brewers and not selling bottled beer. When your brew is ready, they give you a ring, you go back and help out with the bottling/tasting.

Anyone know of them? What do they offer rangewise?

TL

Trough Lolly said:
I was emailing a mate in Brissie the other day who told me of a place in Brisbane "that cheats"!

He says:
You tell them what you want to brew out of their selection, you then hang around and pour the contents into their brewing vats. Then you hang around another half hour or so, during this time there are all these other brewers there so you can taste test. Then you can go home. The idea being that because you hung around and helped out, they can say to the law that they are home brewers and not selling bottled beer. When your brew is ready, they give you a ring, you go back and help out with the bottling/tasting.

Anyone know of them? What do they offer rangewise?

TL
[post="78689"][/post]​

Are you refering to http://www.bacchusbrewing.com.au

Brew on premises.

Like a dollar for every one of them that come and went in Melbourne. :eek:

They'd have to be a risky investment for sure. I'd be worried about them going pear-shaped before I received my brew. :unsure:

Warren -

They've been around for a while now Warren - All grain as well, which is a step up from the usual extract brew-ur-own.
Trouble is, once you've introduced people to AG, how long before they do it themselves....

Ross said:
Trouble is, once you've introduced people to AG, how long before they do it themselves....
[post="78710"][/post]​

:lol: Now that's a bad thing. ;)

Between that and the fresh wort kits. The masses are truly being educated. :beerbang:

Warren -

Latest posts

Back