New Brewery Pots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewtrekker

Reaction score
These are my first two 75 liter pots for my new single tier HERMs brewery build. One more is inbound. More photos to come.

1406450665561.jpg

Wow, nice pots ... where did you pick those up from? The look very similar to the ones from Core Brewing Concept.

They are probably made at the same shop in China but I drug these in from the States so I saved about 40 percent in price from a local supplier.

Yeah, its like that ... used to drive me nuts when I had my retail shop (different industry) that people could bring stuff in cheaper then I could buy it wholesale sometimes.

Any wall, what are the width/height of those pots - I've been looking for something narrow and tall but can't find anything. My boil-off rate on my current BK is INSANE and I figure its due to the width of the pot ... could also be due to the element (5500w) running constantly without any temperature control during a 60 min boil. Need to hook up the PID's I have and test it properly.

Cheers

Crouch said:
Yeah, its like that ... used to drive me nuts when I had my retail shop (different industry) that people could bring stuff in cheaper then I could buy it wholesale sometimes.

Any wall, what are the width/height of those pots - I've been looking for something narrow and tall but can't find anything. My boil-off rate on my current BK is INSANE and I figure its due to the width of the pot ... could also be due to the element (5500w) running constantly without any temperature control during a 60 min boil. Need to hook up the PID's I have and test it properly.

Cheers
I've got a PID on my Boil Kettle which works great, although if you've got a 5500watt element in yours I'd suggest you get a PID which can be manually set instead of setting a temp of 100c+ (boil) it could boil this crap out of it. I've got my PID on my boil kettle to be set on 97% which will cylce and keep a nice rolling boil. (im using 4400watt element)

-Gav

Has anyone seen these for sale now on ebay from the Manemporium?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Boil-Kettle-74lt-Home-brew-vessel-Tri-Clover-Whirlpool-Inlet-Sight-Glass-/171246163299?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item27df111563&_uhb=1

They look nice and are similiar to the ones I have but the tangical outlet sits way high! Mine are just about 2-inchs apart in height that is. However my main outlet is a bottom drain instead of a side so my pots sit about 8 inches higher. Just funny these things are popping up all over. Still glad I dragged my in. As I saved about 1000 bucks all up even with FedExing one of them.

I think gava might have seen them ;)

Yeah I've seen them, Awesome guys work at that shop :)

Brewtrekker : What are you ordering? what is your delivery times? paying duty? I'm very surprised how your ordering from the states and saving so much?

Gavin

Stout Tanks Portland Oregon. I didnt have then delivered I hand carried two of them. The other cost me 200 usd fedex. I should explain I work for the airline as a licensed engineer.

brewtrekker said:
Stout Tanks Portland Oregon. I didnt have then delivered I hand carried two of them. The other cost me 200 usd fedex. I should explain I work for the airline as a licensed engineer.
That makes more sense....

Yes probably should have explained that I was running the numbers on ours to double check..

Gav

Hey Gava thanks for the PID and probe I will probably buy multiple others. The probes fit my thermowells on my tanks perfectly !

Back