New brewer saying g'day!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopers308

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been out of the home brewing game for about 15 years now, but i'm back now! After being a member on this site for a while now and reading everything I can............I realize I know nothing.

My experience is limited to kit/extract brews at the moment but I have high hopes to get into all grain brewing asap. I'm from a small country town and my past experience in brewing was from a mate who'd done hundreds of brews, but I now realize he knew nothing at all either (other than the importance of sterilizing). At this stage I've just got into experimenting with different additives and their benefits, dry hopping and the importance of temperature control. But the first thing I'll admit is that I'm extremely green and have loads of questions to ask!!

My main aim is to 'master' this form of brewing before getting into AG. By this I mean, better knowledge in hop additions, maybe investing in a fridge with temp control and later on getting into kegging etc.

I really believe I have found the right site to help me out, thanks in advance for helping out a complete newbie and answering his stupid questions..........

Brandon.

A welcome back to home brew. You will find kit and kilo brews have greatly improved and the Cooper series are great and an excellent base for experimentation. Lots of advise/info here and get your processes, cleaning and sanitisation down to a consistant proper standard and all will be great.
Cheers

Yep thanks grott,

That's the plan, get everything consistent and 'understand' what I'm actually doing before taking the jump into AG.

I realize a lot of people have taken the leap into AG with even less experience than me and it's worked for them, but i'd rather take my time and procrastinate a bit first........................

Welcome aboard!
There's always more to learn, & no-one knows everything!
Always feel free to ask (stupid) questions :lol:

(though try a search & read before hand :D )

Welcome Brandon coopers308,

I had a couple of Coopers Pale Ale at the pub on Saturday and it's still a great drop, I hope they never sell out to the big boys. Its a great site because it has years of great information in the archives from top brewers alongside a very active and passionate present community.

technobabble66 has given you the best pearl of wisdom you'll ever get here about 'search & read'. I can guarantee 99.9% of the time any question most people ask has already been comprehensively answered a dozen times before. Having said that it's a forum people like to participate on so they ask again anyway :). I myself have what the missus and most other people for that matter call a wiered sense of humour that I can't let go of 99% of the day, so don't take too much notice of most things I post in general :lol: . Happy brewing mate.

Footnote: Although I'm a Brisbane Bronco's supporter I must congratulate the NQ Cowboys for a fantastic win the other night. That makes 3 non NSW teams in the final :beerbang:

Back