new brewer new kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HitmanAU

Reaction score
Hey guys,

after some advice as i'm new to this. I have done a bit of research and looking at getting my first kit setup.

I was going to go the MJ's craft series brew kit with the SS fermenter but at the moment I think it's just out of reach cost wise for the wife to buy for my birthday.

I've found this kit online and wondered if you'd be kind enough to advise if it will be okay or not?
https://absolutehomebrew.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_147&product_id=1056

Looking at going the Bootmakers Pale Ale as I really only drink Pale ale's at the moment.
I have about 250 glass bottles so I have that bit covered.

open to other suggestions too.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum mate,
That's a decent setup to get you started, it'll pay for itself pretty quickly once you knock out a few brews.
Enjoy

Welcome, Hitman.

Yes, good way to kick off the obsession......don't tell yourself it won't become an obsession, it will.

Drop on over to Absolute and ask Pat for some friendly advice. He is a great bloke and you can go from beginner to genuis within his stocked products. Pleased you are supporting the small trader, we need them around.

All the best, Anthony

The kit is on the way from Absolute. I'm in Melbourne so can't drop in to his store unfortunately.
I went with his kit because he seemed to have the better equipment in there for a beginner and the beer kit was decent too and is full extract. And the price was perfect.
Hopefully it comes today as I'm off work and could get this going over the weekend... Once I figure it all out lol

Looks like a nice starter setup and able to make some nice brew.

Of course as you progress you are going to want to add a lot more items to your brewgear to improve your results.

Welcome to the fold and tell us how your first brew turns out.

Cheers

Gerry

Good set up and will give you many top brews, just remember cleanliness, sanitising and fermentation temperatures and your a winner.
Cheers and let us know about your first brew.

Look what arrived today!!

image.jpeg

I'll put this down on the weekend. Just cleaned the fermenting fridge out, kept probe on it over night and all day and it sits at steady 24 degrees C with no temp control (just turned off).

Will build a ply shelf for the FV to sit on as I don't thing the tempered glass will hold 26 or so KG

Latest posts

Back