New boiling kettle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beekmans

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time poster here. Been brewing for a little while now, but I still have a lot to learn.

I’m a BIAB brewer and I’m looking to get an SS Brewtech kettle, but I’m not sure if I should go with the normal version or the Brew Master Edition. The whirlpool port sounds like a handy feature, but I’m wondering if there are more benefits to it besides whirlpooling at the end of the boil. What would be the best way to make use of this whirlpool port?

Currently I use a cheap 50l stock pot, coil immersion chiller and I syphon my wort into the fermenter. Will I need to invest in a pump and plate chiller?

I hope someone can shed some light on this.

Cheers!

You only need a pump and plate chiller if you want a pump and plate chiller.

Whirlpool to plate chiller does work well in that the cone of shame down the bottom remains undisturbed as you transfer. And yes you’ll need a pump with this, for cleaning not just transfer...cleaning/sanitisation is another reason some choose not to purchase plate chillers

If you want to whirlpool you can always use other methods such as some of the drill attachments or even a spoon, you really don’t need a whirlpool port, however if you have one there’s no reason not to use it.

Latest posts

Back