New Bendigo Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon66

Reaction score
I am a new brewer living in Bendigo.

What can people tell me about the Bendigo And Districts Home Brew Club?

Are there regular meetings etc?

Cheers

Simon

Cheers

Simon

Send a PM to "Kleiny" - pretty sure he runs it or has a lot to do with it.

Also go to Bendigo Home Brew (no affliation) shop in Ironbark, good stock and the bloke there is very helpful.

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon

The BAD group meet quaterly and basically try each others brews for feedback. You are more than welcome to come along and i should schedule a meeting soon. You will be on the mailing list so check the site.

I brew often and post my brews in this section of the forum.

If you want to know something about bendigo or ingrediants send me a PM

Kleiny

Beer66 - You must be the most badass brewer around, only you left off the extra '6' digit.

Welcome to this part of the forum. I'm sure there are a few brewers hanging around Central Vic below the radar . Would be nice to cross paths at a B.A.D. club event sometime! So far the club has just been a nice way to exchange ideas on brewing, talk about ingredients, sample others' beers and give/receive feedback on them. And I've only visited two events! In the winter time I'm also looking forward to a bit of a hop rhizome exchange. Hopefully at least the rhizome's growing under there, even if the cones aren't!

Beer66 - You must be the most badass brewer around, only you left off the extra '6' digit.

Welcome to this part of the forum. I'm sure there are a few brewers hanging around Central Vic below the radar . Would be nice to cross paths at a B.A.D. club event sometime! So far the club has just been a nice way to exchange ideas on brewing, talk about ingredients, sample others' beers and give/receive feedback on them. And I've only visited two events! In the winter time I'm also looking forward to a bit of a hop rhizome exchange. Hopefully at least the rhizome's growing under there, even if the cones aren't!

Hi I have recently found this forum and the Bendigo and District home brew club. I recon it sounds pretty good. I got the brewing bug a couple of years ago and am hooked. I have mainly been brewing all grain pale ales but am looking forward to experimenting with some belgium yeast in the not too distant future. I have a nice cascade hop which has produced really well this year and would love to trade some rhizomes too.

Cheers

Tracey

Hi I have recently found this forum and the Bendigo and District home brew club. I recon it sounds pretty good. I got the brewing bug a couple of years ago and am hooked. I have mainly been brewing all grain pale ales but am looking forward to experimenting with some belgium yeast in the not too distant future. I have a nice cascade hop which has produced really well this year and would love to trade some rhizomes too.

Cheers

Tracey

Hi Tracey

As i said in my PM welcome to the forum and hopefully the club, Look forward to tasting a few pale ales. Some of us are growing hops, I have Mthood and Tettnang but if you go to the article section at the top of the page you will find a hop growers article just push edit and put down what you have. I think there will be a lot of swapping going on this year.

Kleiny

hi bendigo brewers, i was a very keen brewer a few years back (AG) but after the birth of our first child and moving house lost a year or 2 :)

i am now keen to get back into it and have started going through my old stuff and setting up my shed for a HERMS type system.

just wanted to say hi and let you know that i will be asking many silly questions likw where can i find some old kegs for cutting up??

cheers

boots

Welcome boots

Look forward to catching up sometime, if you are interested in coming along to a brewclub meeting i will kepp you in the loop.

Kleiny

thanks Kleiny

that would be tops .. i look forward to the meetings!

cheers

Back