New Belgian Beer Bar For Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Apparently there is a Belgian Beer cafe called Heritage going to open in
Harrington Street (the Rocks, Sydney) next month.

I've heard rumours about it for a while now and apparently there was an article in the SMH yesterday.

I didn't get to see the article so does anyone else know more?

Cheers,
Doc

PS: It just happens to be very close to my office. Oh what a shame.

Tip to everyone,

LUNCH AT DOC'S WORK.....EVERY DAY!!!!!

and his phone number is ..........

I just have to plan to be in the office more.
In fact I've already organised a lunch for me there when it opens with one of the reps.
Calling in all owed lunches :D

Doc

Brisbane is getting a Belgian Beer Pub in October. They are manufacturing large parts of it in belgium and then shipping it over here. With 30+ Belgian beers and traditional food on offer, I think I've found my new home..... :p

The beer range and tap setup etc seems identical in every single belgian beer cafe/pub in Australia. I think its got something to do with the big bad brewing empire behind the whole thing financially wise.

kook said:
The beer range and tap setup etc seems identical in every single belgian beer cafe/pub in Australia. I think its got something to do with the big bad brewing empire behind the whole thing financially wise.
When you look at the scale and complexity in these things, it's hard to see an upstart getting into it. Maybe an entrempreneur with a beer fettish... my guess is that they'd be starting microbreweries instead of importing beer tho... I dunno. Post some business names and I'll see if I can get some friends to look for similarities in ownership.

PostModern said:
When you look at the scale and complexity in these things, it's hard to see an upstart getting into it. Maybe an entrempreneur with a beer fettish... my guess is that they'd be starting microbreweries instead of importing beer tho... I dunno. Post some business names and I'll see if I can get some friends to look for similarities in ownership.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftBrewing...ng/message/8946

I'd be guessing its the same with Epoque and the new belgian cafe over there (ALH (CUB)).

OK lads, let's chuck in $10k each and go in competition with these guys. We'll sell homebrew with outrageous names instead of that imported belgian crap.

I have a "Cross-eyed Bitter Pale Ale" ready to go for $6 a pint. Let's do this thing!

PostModern said:
OK lads, let's chuck in $10k each and go in competition with these guys. We'll sell homebrew with outrageous names instead of that imported belgian crap.

I have a "Cross-eyed Bitter Pale Ale" ready to go for $6 a pint. Let's do this thing!
Careful calling it crap. I might get angry :angry: :angry: :huh:

Might be overpriced but **** they stock some brilliant brews. I'm going to have to try to make my own belgian strong ale sometime soon, they cost me too much to buy!

PeteOMeat: The one in Perth is alright. Great decor, great glassware. I have two gripes about it though:
1. Serving temperature of strong ales (too friggin cold!)
2. Up themselves CBD crowd there on a fri+sat evening. Makes the place standing room only. They all drink stella too. Damnit. Suppose its how these places make money though.

kook said:
Careful calling it crap. I might get angry :angry: :angry: :huh:

Might be overpriced but **** they stock some brilliant brews. I'm going to have to try to make my own belgian strong ale sometime soon, they cost me too much to buy!
Damn, where are those [IRONY] tags? :D

Tell me what you know about this belgian bar in brissy, snow.
I'm getting all excited!

DreamBoat

It's planned to open in October, on the corner of Mary and Edward Sts, I think.

Got the inside word tonight that the location will be 135 Harrington Street, The Rocks, Sydney.
mmmm, my office is 127 Harrington Street.
This could get ugly.

Cheers,
Doc

It's all the way over the other side of the city for me (I work in Darlo), but I reckon I might pop in there for a beer one night once it's opened. Keep us posted, Doc!

Ok, here is the latest update.
I was in my city office this afternoon, so took a wander (covert reconnaissance mission).
Yes it is definitely going to be at 135 Harrington St, The Rocks.
The dark stained mahogany walls are looking good.
There is also a long glass wall.
Looks very interesting and inviting.

I'll keep you all posted (and I'll make more regular trips to the office :D )

Cheers,
Doc

Another reconnaissance mission this morning.
The place is really coming along, but still a bit of work required to be finished.
Lots of mahogany and glass.
No bar in yet.
Air conditioning looks to be going in at the moment.
Workmen everywhere so hopefully it will be opening soon.

Beers,
Doc

One Week to Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The inside word I have is that it will open on the 10th.
Woohoooooo

Beers,
Doc

It's Open

Just had a call from a mate to say he is in there having a Hoegaarden right now.
He says the bar is quite big.

I'm planning on being in the office tomorrow, so will check it out :D

The other comment is that it is quite expensive. (More expensive than the Cammeray one).

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back