New Beer Cafe In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopeye

Reaction score
Hi,

Stumbled onto a new beer cafe while I was on my way to a seminar in Sydney and thought to myself "Let's try it out after the seminar....". As you do at these seminars, I got chatting with our account manager at Compuware and mentioned that I was going to go try this new beer place. Well, we get there and Mike pulls out his Amex Corporate card.... Woohoo !!!!! The beers are just f*ckin excellent. It is pricey though, between $4 and $7 for 250ml glass. IMHO the beers are better than Malt Shovel. Check the link yourself.

Redoak Beer Cafe

Thanks for the headsup Hopeye. Looks pretty good. I'll definitely add it to the itinerary for the next 'Gough's beer tour of the big smoke' :chug:

Shawn.

Hopeye,

I haven't been there yet but will be having a liquid lunch there some thime next week. A few mates have been raving about it. They all say the organic pale ale is an absolute screemer. Did you try it? What was your pick from their selection?

And standby for Sydneys newest brewpub - should be ready to start pouring in October. We installed the main brewing vessels this week.

Wes.

Macqinstall_1.jpg

Now that's what I call a Jacuzzi mash tun Wes......
Have you got Elena's phone number.... ;)

Asher fro now

Hopeye,

Certainly looks a great beer menu. Can't wait to get down there, but is it me, I cant find an address on the web site, can u help me
Thanks Crusher

201 Clarence Street,

It's in the City. Very close to my work actually. hhhmmmm. Liquid lunch

Wes,
As your mates have said, the Pale is very nice, but, for me it was a toss up between the Vienna Lager and the Bock, next favs would have to be the Pale Ale and Strong Scotch Ale, though the Oatmeal Stout was an exceptional finishing beer........

wessmith said:
And standby for Sydneys newest brewpub - should be ready to start pouring in October.
Wes,

Where in Sydney is the new establishment located ?

Beers,
Doc

OK, in strictest confidence of course (I know I can trust you guys) its the Macquarie Hotel, corner of Goulburn and Wentworth, but dont go rushing down with your tongue hanging out just yet - it is still a construction site. I will let you all know when the brewing action starts.

Wes.

any damaged brewing vessels going cheap B)

wessmith said:
OK, in strictest confidence of course (I know I can trust you guys) its the Macquarie Hotel, corner of Goulburn and Wentworth, but dont go rushing down with your tongue hanging out just yet - it is still a construction site. I will let you all know when the brewing action starts.

Wes.
Wes,

How far away is beer pouring action at this joint ?

Beers,
Doc

I used to work 2 blocks from the Macca - it was my team's semi-regular afterwork pub... but now I'm 5 blocks away (and it's uphill from here...).

Damn, shoulda kept the old job.

Ok, Macquarie update time- been in there today to check on progress - we will start locating tanks next week and then spend 1 to 2 weeks connecting all the services and testing. First brew will be for the contarctors but we hope to be pulling the first commercial brews by end of October. Will keep you all posted.

Wes.

I was up there last week picking up some supplies from Gerard,
The equipment is all in and plumbed up.
The hold up is apparently the legals etc now before brewing can commence. Fingers crossed they get it sorted, because I'm working two blocks away and look down on the pub from 25 floors up.
Maybe Gerard or Wes could provide a more accurate timing for when the first sellable brew will be on tap.

Beers,
Doc

Were having some difficulty holding Gerard back - all is pretty much ready to do the first test brew and all we need is the brewing license.... ATO have become very strict on this point and we are about halfway into a 28 day countdown to getting the nod.

The first brew is going to be a Frustration Lager.......

Wes

How is the Macquarie Hotel coming along?
I drove past there on saturday and was wondering whether you guys have started brewing yet?

Rich

Back