New Beer Brand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yippyio

Reaction score
Hi There,

I am a newbie to this forum. I have some marketing ideas for a new Pilsner. Can anyone recommend a contract brewer (I heard that there is a new one in Camden but I can not find there contact details anywhere)

Can someone also suggest someone to do labels. I have a few people interested and I am looking at doing a farely substantial run.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

www.a-i-b.com.au

Australian Independent Brewery

I think they'll organise labels and everything for you as well.

Good luck !!!

Plastic Man said:
www.a-i-b.com.au

Australian Independent Brewery

I think they'll organise labels and everything for you as well.

Good luck !!!
[post="87603"][/post]​

Thanks Plastic Man, I really appreciate the quick response. I will call them today and see if I can get a result. :beer:

Wal said:
The contract brewer your refering to is Australian Independent Brewers (AIB). Check out their web site of their contact details.

http://www.a-i-b.com.au
[post="87604"][/post]​

What do AIB normally charge to do a brew and what are the minimums ?

Yippy

I am in the process of setting a micro up....You might find that what you are after is not going to be as easy as you think...or as cheap....

Just a word of warning....

There are many things to consider before you take on the challenge before you get to the label stage

There was an article in the Good Living section of the SMH this week for contract brewing.
From memory the one at Camden requires a minimum run of 1400 cases. Does this fit with you substantial order size Yippyio ?

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
There was an article in the Good Living section of the SMH this week for contract brewing.
From memory the one at Camden requires a minimum run of 1400 cases. Does this fit with you substantial order size Yippyio ?

Beers,
Doc
[post="87859"][/post]​

Novocastrian said:
Doc said:

Beers,
Doc
[Hey Doc, do you still have the article? I've haven't started brewing, but am keen to get into it, only for domestic purposes though. Do you know of anyone who homebrews in Newcastle??

Thanks

Sorry all for my postings above - I'm still trying to work out to use this site. I'm sure it gets easier!

Hey Novocastrian,

I don't have the article. I didn't keep the paper.

There are a number of guys from the Newcastle region on here that brew. Post away.

Beers,
Doc

These guys brew the Blowfly beer.

On the Brewtopia web site they list their cost for blow fly beer.

This will give you a rough idea of what a case will cost you and 1000 cases is probably the min you'd talk them down too. I'd say 1000 cases at $33 cost = $33K first up cost plus any cost for setting up artwork etc - which would probably cost a few grand.

The easy part is getting the beer, (if you've got $35K+ to invest). The hard part is selling it.

An option maybe to get kegs done from one of the smaller micro's. Smaller run so less initial outlay. Logistics is a bit harder because you have to deliver then pick up the kegs, but if you are doing something on a local scale this wouldn't be an issue

There's plenty of us that brew in Newcastle Novocastrian. :) Welcome to the board.

Shawn

Then you need the licence to sell it.....the brewery WONT sell you a beer unless you have a licence....

And 1000 cases is alot of beer to sell...

I once won an award for my labels :blink:

But mine are strictly limited editions, never more than about 80 at a time :p

Latest posts

Back