New Bbc Beer? Series To Download

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to drag these episodes as well as some beer hunter episodes onto my ipod but it won't let me drag it into itunes. What program can I use to either

1- reformat it into the formats itunes likes, or
2- reformat it into the ipod video format that I'll get itunes to convert it into anyway.

Cheers,
Dave

I want to drag these episodes as well as some beer hunter episodes onto my ipod but it won't let me drag it into itunes. What program can I use to either

2- reformat it into the ipod video format that I'll get itunes to convert it into anyway.

Cheers,
Dave

P&C,
Not tried this myself but is freeware and looks OK.
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

Nige

Cheers,
Dave

Quicktime will do it. It's a free download from apple and is good for both windows and macs.
Open each episode and then export to whatever format you want. It has a movie to MPEG4 option made just for you or you could convert to ipod if you want.
I thought it was a pretty good series. I've just finished ep 1 of their Cali wine series this afternoon and its seems just as good except no beer. Oh well, at least their heart is in the right place...

P&C,

Nige

Cheers, I'll give it a go.

Quicktime will do it. It's a free download from apple and is good for both windows and macs.
Open each episode and then export to whatever format you want. It has a movie to MPEG4 option made just for you or you could convert to ipod if you want.
I thought it was a pretty good series. I've just finished ep 1 of their Cali wine series this afternoon and its seems just as good except no beer. Oh well, at least their heart is in the right place...

I would, but I can't stand QuickTime. I barely tolerate iTunes.

P&C,

Nige

I've converted a few videos, but I started converting one today, and my virus checker reported that it was doing suspicious stuff- apparently it was doing things that it didn't want the computer to know. Hmm... I'm doing a few virus/spyware scans now.

I was talking to Roger Protz at the beer awards about this series and he was some what disapointed in it, particularly the ending.

http://www.beer-pages.com/2009/02/oz-james...nd-of-road.html

Yes it is great to have anything on the tele about beer and brewing but to take us on a journey and then proclaim they just want a good cup of tea? They didnt do that on their wine show.

I look forward to watching the whole thing but now I know the ending.....

Any one disappointed by it.....any one love....anyone think they can do better?

I was talking to Roger Protz at the beer awards about this series and he was some what disapointed in it, particularly the ending.

http://www.beer-pages.com/2009/02/oz-james...nd-of-road.html

Yes it is great to have anything on the tele about beer and brewing but to take us on a journey and then proclaim they just want a good cup of tea? They didnt do that on their wine show.

I look forward to watching the whole thing but now I know the ending.....

Any one disappointed by it.....any one love....anyone think they can do better?

The reviewer seemed to think that the show sought to be an in-depth analysis of British culture. However, it really wasn't so. Using the term 'intellectual coherence' to describe a show that at its essence was two blokes playing funny buggers while drunk reflects that he missed the point. I wasn't sitting on the edge of my seat at the end to find out what 'the drink of Britain' was because I knew that the show wasn't a serious one, just a fun one.

As they were going through the 'drink of britain' at the end.. i said to myself... a-ha! They havn't covered tea in this series! Then i was like "nah, this is a alc beverage series." Turns out i was wrong!

Have Uploaded the final episode, thanks to all for your support with seeding these.

Episode 8 is available HERE

Episode 7 is available HERE

Episode 6 is available HERE

Episode 5 is available HERE

Episode 4 is available HERE

Episode 3 is available HERE

Episode 2 is available HERE

Episode 1 available HERE

Would be willing to put these on disc for those who would like a copy, probably for Adelaide based guys/gals. Maybe others interstate can do the same for those who have ben unable to download torrents.

Enjoy. Cheers.

Nige P

hi

just rying to download eps 5 - 8. any chance people could seed for me?

cheers

christmasbender

If you use VLC, make sure you use the --vout=caca option.
e.g.
C:\>vlc --vout=caca video.avi

Thanks for uploading these Nige, any chance someone can seed ep's 1 & 2 I only need a few more megs and I'll seed a while then.

Thanks,
Nathan

google search "isquint" its a program that just resises your vids so they can fit onto your ipod, itunes formats them itsself.

Just noticed this series has popped up on pay TV. Its on lifestyle food at 3-30 this arvo for those (like me) who can't be assed/dunno how to download it.

What does it mean when your saying to seed it

Not worth a new thread but there is a new series called Oz And Hugh Raise The Bar
Description:
Clarke and Hugh Dennis scour the British Isles for the
best independent drinks. In England's south they find
offal- and jellyfish-flavoured beer and lauded sparkling
wines.

It may or may not be available to share at some places around the interweb :ph34r:
I haven't seen it yet but there may be something of interest :)
Cheers
Doug

Not worth a new thread but there is a new series called Oz And Hugh Raise The Bar
Description:
wines.

It may or may not be available to share at some places around the interweb :ph34r:
Cheers
Doug

There is also a new series called Brew Masters about the Dogfish head craft brewery in the US, each week focuses on the creation process of a new beer recipe... pretty good... its still in the first season, up to episode 5. it on the discovery chanel - saw it in the US, not sure if its here yet (dont have foxtel)... anyway, you can grab it from NZB Matrix (if you know how to use usenet) or searh the normal torrent sites....

Description:
wines.

Cheers
Doug

James has been dumped! :eek:

Back