New all-grain forum member, Toowoomba QLD

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a quick hello so you all know I'm a real person and not a new robot member.
I got my all-grain stamps while I lived in USA for a number of years. I've been home about 5 years now and only just starting to piece my kit back together to start up again.
I'm a geek. I'm a scientist and microbiologist. But I'm not rich - so my kit will be adequate, and nifty but frugal!
Thanks for accepting me in.
Cheers

You're in good company up on the hill (our previous home)

Yell out to Ben & members at the local Brew Club if you haven't already. Peter and co at the Home Brew Shop will be able to tee you up with too soba the local brew club. Great bunch of ladies and gents.

Enjoy the site.
Martin

Hi Ohgoodthinking

We are moving back to Toowoomba in July. Might see you at one of the meetings.

Cheers
Guido

defiantly drop in to the local brew shop and check it out mate if you go to the brew clubs section you will find Too SOBA (toowoomba society of beer appreciation) look forward to seeing you at a meeting mate

Welcome to the fourums ohgoodthinking. Seems to be quite a number of Toowoomba brewers here these days. I have become one of them moving here at the end of last year.
And yep the guys at the local home brew shop are great to talk to and always hapy to help out.

Cheers,
Gavo.

Thanks all. I feel the love, thanks for welcome.
I've kept a few yeasts at colony level before on agar slopes. They take some maintenance, and some time to step back up the numbers when you want to use them, but yes, I've had success with that. It's completely possible, and geeky, but I'm not equipped with spare frij space or time in my current life!
I picked up some vintage school desks today that I'll modify as my platform. My pumps came in during the week. I have my urn for HLT, eski for mash/lauter, a poorly sawn off keg for a kettle. I have ball valves, hose barbs, high pressure PVC for a manifold, a whole pile of stuff still in pieces waiting for assembly. But still waiting on investing in a crucial component, the gas burner. I've priced a 75,000 BTU 4 ring burner, Companion brand with individual ring tap controls for $110. Pending a bargain in the mean time, I'll go with that one to get the job started quickly.
Getting close!

Welcome mate. I'm only a very recent convert to AG myself, based in Toowoomba as well. Anthony and Pete and Mitch at the shop will look after you for sure! Looking forward to meeting you at a future meet.

-Matt

ohgoodthinking99 said:
I've priced a 75,000 BTU 4 ring burner, Companion brand with individual ring tap controls for $110. Pending a bargain in the mean time, I'll go with that one to get the job started quickly.
Getting close!
I've got a bargin for you. I have a spare 2nd hand four ring burner, hose and standard pressure reg. $50. PM me if your'e interested.

Latest posts

Back