Quantcast

New Ahb Upgrade - Please Read!

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

dane

Reaction score
Ok, the first part of the upgrade is complete. The old DB has been upgrade and all members, posts, uploaded images, PM's, avatars etc should all be intact.

The links at the top of the forum aren't all working yet, I will be bringing these online ASAP.

Can people report any problems they have with the new forum and skin so I can fix them quickly.

For people running 800x600 or smaller (er.. larger) screen resolution , please select the narrow skin from the option at the bottom. It should fit in your windows, again let me know if you have any issues with this.

I will update this post with a list of all the new features that the forum has as well as updates with the new sections.

Stay turned and enjoy the newly upgraded AHB!

Also, please remember to support the website by click on any interesting ads, or donations can me made directly via paypal. The newly implemented forum software costs money over $200 for a lifetime license. Your only excuse to hold off donating is that you are watching to purchase some of the up-and-comming AHB merchandise. More on that later!

Update: I will be adding some new modules throughout the arvo, so don't be scared if something doesn't load on first go. Hopefully it is just me editing a file and getting ti back online ASAP.

If you have problems logging in please contact me.

STATUS

Weblinks Module has been activated. Use menu at the top..

roach

brasserie de cancrelat
Reaction score
Looking Good Dane and excellent work. Been clicking on the google ads and will be sure to buy some merchandise, when available.

I assume the number of full beer glasses against a person's 'level' will reappear rather than the circles as shown now.

I seem to recall under the old version, that the list of OnlIne users was listed in alphabetical order, currently it seems in 'last click' order

dane

Reaction score
roach said:
Looking Good Dane and excellent work. Been clicking on the google ads and will be sure to buy some merchandise, when available.

I assume the number of full beer glasses against a person's 'level' will reappear rather than the circles as shown now.
[post="44956"][/post]​
Yeah I will change those back over - as well as out little drinking smilie guy is missing. But they will both be back.

RobW

The Little Abbotsford Craftbrewery
Reaction score
Nice job Dane - particularly like the nav controls on individual posts.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
dane said:
Can people report any problems they have with the new forum and skin so I can fix them quickly.

For people running 800x600 or smaller (er.. larger) screen resolution , please select the narrow skin from the option at the bottom. It should fit in your windows, again let me know if you have any issues with this.
Might be a temporary thing Dane, but when I switch to the narrow skin I lose the latest threads listing at the top.

Otherwise, looking good.

Talk about quick service - she's back now!

dane

Reaction score
wee stu said:
dane said:

Might be a temporary thing Dane, but when I switch to the narrow skin I lose the latest threads listing at the top.

Otherwise, looking good.

Talk about quick service - she's back now!
[post="44961"][/post]​
Wee Stu - just noticed that myself. Fixed now.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
Looks good

In my messages I have old messages from Oct. last year , not a problem and in fact an interesting read :lol:

Batz

MCWB

Reaction score
Looks great Dane! One question though, is it possible to have a wider skin as well? I'm running 1600x1200 and have a lot of unused real estate, as the picture attached shows. If it's too much work/can't be done/ etc don't worry about it, I'll live. :)

Thanks for your efforts, very much appreciated!

AHB.gif

dane

Reaction score
MCWB, I also run 1600x1200 but usually have a bookmark bar taking up a bit of space. I like this fixed width format, but I will do a 90% width version so everyone is happy. I'm just not a far of forums stretching wide....all personaly preference I guess.

Anyway, i've added it to the "to-do list".

MCWB

Reaction score
Thanks Dane, much appreciated! :)

Vlad the Pale Aler

Cereal Killer
Reaction score
nice work Dane,
I have noticed that the times that messages are displayed doesnt seem to be correct this was also the case on the old skin. Do I have set the clock/time or is it all displayed as beertime.

Boots

Reaction score
Great Work Dane. I really like the changes.

Just noticed that the paypal link at the bottom of the page isn't actually a link.

dane

Reaction score
Boots - for some reason in I.E. the hand button doesn't appear, however it is in firefox. Either way the link does work. I'll have a look at fixing that.

I'll cheeck in the admin section Vlad - make sure the time is correct.

Also, people that are having trouble logging in please let me know so I can fix your accounts.

UPDATED: Time is fixed.

dane

Reaction score
Gough1 said:
Dane,

I'm having trouble logging in :( I've set up this new alias as 'Gough1', but I'd rather go back to plain old 'Gough' if that is OK. I don't want to lose all those posts and PM's etc. if it can be managed. Please let me know what I nee to do from here.

Thanks,

Shawn

(Gough)
[post="44973"][/post]​
Shawn....it took me awhile to find out what was going on but I have worked it out.

Goat was having the same issue. I will PM you when it's fixed. Don't post anything on the new name cause you will be going back to your old one in a sec.

Gough

Maintain the Rage!
Reaction score
Aaahhh... That feels better! I'm myself again :D

Thanks Dane. You can delete that imposter 'Gough1' if you like :)

Shawn.

dane

Reaction score
Gough said:
Aaahhh... That feels better! I'm myself again :D

Thanks Dane. You can delete that imposter 'Gough1' if you like :)

Shawn.
[post="44978"][/post]​
Good to hear, i'll delete it.

A handfull of people that had changed their email addresses in their profile was causing the problem. So if you are still unable to lgoin, please contact me and I will fix ASAP.

No back onto re-adding the chat system.

I'm going to need a drink after this....

dane

Reaction score
Webchat is backonline....just click on the link and you will be in. Should be smoother now. Just say yes it Java security message,

Tony

Quality over Quantity
Reaction score
WOW

great work.

I love the new look :D

I tried to access the chat and it told me i was connected.

when i type something it says no chanell or something like that.

When i click on the chanell button nothing happens.

like your work mate.

cheers

jgriffin

No Longer Brewin!
Reaction score
Yeah, i had to do a password reset to log in, i know i had the right PW as i used it not long ago to log into a different PC.

normell

Winter's Flat's #1 Brewer, now that XXXX have move
Reaction score
Why did we have to change the site.
What about the saying, "if it aint broke, why try to fix it"
Personally the old site was a lot more "user" friendly.
This new site is a lot harder to see other post for the topic.
So all the back patting , is not for me
Norm

Latest posts