Nelson Sauvin Flavor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
off topic but can every body reduce there size of there pictures in signatures... I stopped reading picture books years ago...

Switch to the Lo-Fi version of the site and you won't see any of the frills

off topic but can every body reduce there size of there pictures in signatures... I stopped reading picture books years ago...

Better?

I'm over the whole unspoken thing anyways :)

Peach??????

Same here mate! Brewed it not too long ago. Didn't turn out too well, but had a wonderful peach aroma and flavour that even when others tried it they picked it up straight away.

Cheers
Phil

PS: Going to have to brew this one again - but maybe do something stupid like doing a 200gram addition at 10 mins till flame out.

I will add that I think Cascade and NS is a wonderful combo! I use 50/50 cascade and NS in a pale ale which is YUM!

I've made a couple of beers recently with Nelson Sauvin along with other varieties. Im not 100% if the the NS im tasting, but Im not sure im loving the flavour. I've added it in equal additions with other varieties and I seem to be getting an over powering taste. Its really hard to describe but its not something I would expect from hops, a feint rubber after taste. The only hop I used in both beers was simcoe, however, having used that in other beers I can rule it out.
I've made a pale ale with Riwaka and Motueka so I think im somewhat familiar with the NZ flavours from these hops.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

Maybe I've used too much. Or maybe I just don't like the hop. Not sure.

Back