Need Help No grain mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooterism

Reaction score
Brew day is tomorrow early, I was damn sure I had some milled Caramunich.. but I was wrong and realised too late in the afternoon.

How can I milled a couple of hundred grams.

I have at my disposal a;

Vitamix w/ dry jug

Wondermill jnr w/ stone and SS burrs

Paper shredder (no shit, I did a search and found found a thread w/ a user milling grain w/ a shredder!)

Rolling pin

Wifes thighs

Hammer

Coffee machine w/ grinder

Please help!

Just to add/ I'm all grain w/ a keg MT and keg lid falsey

Where are you? Don't know how strong the wife's thighs are but if I had no choice and no mill for a couple hundred grams I'd go a snap lock bag and rolling pin, if your close to me then I could mill them for you [emoji106]

Lethaldog said:
Where are you? Don't know how strong the wife's thighs are but if I had no choice and no mill for a couple hundred grams I'd go a snap lock bag and rolling pin, if your close to me then I could mill them for you [emoji106]

Gold Coast.. I've had a couple, so, fancy a drive?

Lol, cheers anyway mate.

Ahh no cos I'm in Melbourne lol but good luck,
Put the Grain in something that won't spill of spread out and give it a good work over with a rolling pin [emoji106][emoji106]

Rolling pin on a piece of stainless wire mesh or at a pinch mozzie screen. That's how a Pfeuffer friability test machine works, you'll get an excess of flour but presumably this is <10% of your malt bill so it's no biggie.

If its only a couple of hundred grams a coffee grinder will do the job - reduces grain to a powdery consistency. Would not recommend it for entire grain bill unless BIABing.

I'm on the gold coast (Currumbin) and I have a mill if you want to bring the grain here tomorrow morning you're welcome to.

Otherwise, if your coffee grinder can be adjusted, I think as coarse as you can go would do the job.

Nattydstar said:
I'm on the gold coast (Currumbin) and I have a mill if you want to bring the grain here tomorrow morning you're welcome to.

Thanks for that, but my day starts off around 3:30am.

I get my brewing done and dusted early before my nuts end up between the wife's thighs, if you know what I mean.

Grain is sorted out tho', vac seal bag and a rolling pin.

May I never roll 5kg's.

Smash it with your head.

Coffe grinder or blender works.

Buy a mill for next time,

Yikes, I reckon my Mrs would give me similar treatment if I cranked the mill up that early!

No prob mate hope it all goes smoothly.

Back