Need help buying taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewgong

Reaction score
Gday fellas bought a second hand andale 4 tap T font today minus the taps . just after some advice on some decent taps ive been looking at intertaps is flow control a good thing? Stainless or CP also I need to know exactly what fittings I need as well.
Any help much appreciated
20180323_230942.jpg
20180323_231031.jpg

I have both stainless FC Intertaps and Perlick. My advice is go FC Intertap on performance & price.

do you know what fittings I need to connect those taps to my font?

Got a top down photo? I can't determine if they are shanks

If they have a ring on the outside then you only need a c spanner or a faucet wrench

I think that another possibility could be king lock/snaplock/snaplok/fatlock fittings

that collar unscrews which releases a stainless socket that the beer line is attached to

Brewgasm is right. You'll first need some snaplok/taplok/fatlok/kinglok type adaptors for the font.
You then need male snaplok adaptors for the taps.

If you bought the font off eBay the same seller is probably selling them separately.

As far as I know all taps have the same standard at the back end, so I think that you can attach any tap to any shank. So I don't think that the font should effect your choice of tap. I have gen 1 intertaps and they are fine except the internal machining left a bit to be desired. I think that gen 2 intertaps have eliminated that flaw. I have also seen a really good Chinese knock off of perlik taps, they look similar without the P and they have the same screw in nozzle concept as intertap

I don't know much about fonts but you may need something like this http://www.andale.com.au/product/snaplok-adaptor/

That’s exactly what you need drewgong.
I’ve just put the same font , snaplocks & taps together

There’s a guy sells good quality 2nd hand snap locks & taps on eBay for half the price of Andale.
New Andale snaplocks were around $45 & brumby taps just over $100 from memory.

IMG_1198.jpg
IMG_1200.jpg

I was cruising the kegking website this morning trying to understand these things (I just have taps poking out of a fridge door) and I really like the look of the modular font system that they have

Thanks for the help fellas got a bit of a shopping list now ....adds up quick
4 stainless fc intertaps $172 kegland
4 snaplock fittings $120 kegking
4 snaplock shanks $44 kegking
4 cp tap handles $20 kegking

Latest posts

Back