Need Gas Regulator Help!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muscovy_333

Reaction score
Hi All,

In the process of setting up kegs and have a question regarding a CO2 regulator.

I have scored the reg pictured below, but am unsure if it is suitable. I do not have a source of CO2 yet and after researching the topic a little feel i need to throw it to the experts.

Detail on the back of reg: Comweld CIG Australia, Patent 227739. It also has the code 488 NIT.
Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

As i understand i just need to make sure the connector is suitable for a CO2 bottle...Is that all there is to it?

Musc

DSC03510__800x600_.jpg

DSC03511__800x600_.jpg

Hello muscovy,
I have done this but;you will have to replace the low pressure gauge with one with a maximum reading of 400 kpa or less
so you can read the lower pressures used for carbonation and delivery.
The bottle connection will also need to be replaced to fit whatever gas supply you are using.The whole connector unit needs to come out for this.
I think it costs about $30 for the gauge,postage and fittings to connect up.I used a fire extinguisher with 1/4 bspf and only needed a 1/4 bsp nipple.
You really need to know what thread is on whatever gas supply you will use first.
The low pressure gauge and the connecter are pretty tight and take some getting out.Not hard to do with good spanners.
I really think that if you can sell the gauge that you have got and get one of the cheaper co2 gauges,with pressure relief,or a good one if you can afford it,then thats the best way to go.Unless you really want to play with it.
Here's a couple of pics,yours and mine.
Gauge_x.JPG
Gauge_y.JPG

Thanks heaps Wombil,
Exactly the sort of advice i was seeking.

Like all things..... Some do and some don't :)

I knew you'd say that!
I will hunt down a CO2 bottle before i do anything else.

I have put the word out to the mates, if they want to keep drinking my beer they need to join my pilgrimage and find some form of CO2 for the cause.

Makes it a bit of fun.

I have 2,one is 1/2 bspp and the other 1/4 bspp both female.

Latest posts

Back