Need fridge tech advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBastard

Reaction score
I have a cold room panel style fridge with two AC 240 volt fans at the top that are constantly on and are very loud.

Its a very high performing fridge, going from say 30 to 5 degrees in 30-60 minutes. I dont need it to perform lime that. It will have kegs only and they will be cold when they go in. So I would like to reduce the speed of the fans or replace them.

Ive done a bit of research and have heard mixed opinions about using say a light dimmer to reduce the speed.

Anyone got any tips? Or any experts in Bris want to help? Happy to pay for a pro.

1zejwg8.jpg

Reducing the fan speed will increase the chance of the chiller fins icing up. You need high airflow to stop that, cause once its iced up it wont cool.

It looks like I can replace the fan. U will just need something with the same rpm

Im in Wooloowin mate. Is it possible for the same rpm to be less loud?

Can the lower fan (at the bottom of the fridge) be lowered as well to keep it in balance and not ice up?

Depends mate. What noise is it. Is it noise from the motor or from the actual blade. If there is a low fan setting on the fan by all means try it. They wouldn't of put the option in the fridge if it didn't work. + u might have a deice start in there for worst case scenario

It sounds like an air movement sound more than just a rattle. Like a data centre sort of sound. Theres a thermostat control at the start. Think ill take more photos and post them.

There might not be Lot u can do. I would try reducing the fan speed a bit and see how u go. Are u sure the bearings arnt gone in the fan. Can u post a mp3 of the sound not that I'm gonna be able to here it

Back