Need an Admin, and hey guys!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zark

Reaction score
My mate joined this website about a month ago and still cant view any threads or topics until and admon acceots his account or something. He validated his account so all is good his end. Username is Bear and Basset. Give him a shout out if you see him.

Hey bradsbrew mr admin person. I can't seem to do status updates for some reason. Do you think your admin super powers could change that?
Im also an asshat but I dont think you can fix that ;)

so because someone doesn't help you in a 3.5 hour window. you decide to leave the forum. oh well. so be it.
if you want help ill point out that a pm would be the best way to contact him and even then he may not be online as we of the moderation and admin staff are volunteers and are not always on.

ohgoodthinking99 said:
Unhelpful and belittling. I have no further interest being here. Bye AHB.
I don't think radshoes was referring to your post - just asking a question and being a smartarse (about himself) at the same time.

You could be a little less sensitive. I'm sure when bradsbrew sees this, he'll sort it out.

To add some context, I believe radshoes and bradsbrew are known to each other in real life so you have the wrong end of the wrong stick.

Thank you. I don't expect instant help from an admin. But having sent an unanswered PM some weeks ago now, I saw this related thread as an avenue of second attempt. If the first responder thought a new status was the best way, that suggestion would have been helpful. Maybe I was oversensitive having received some 'tone' the last time I posted something too. I am newish here. I just started to feel like there's a pecking order. I've enjoyed hours of reading and learning from you all. Thank you for your contributions. I'll sit tight for now and just keep my head down.

Yeah, come back ohgoodthinking99 - I can see how you could have interpreted that.

Heaps of the Brewers here are asshats. Bradsbrew is working on a genetic mutation formula for his next pale ale and will fix us asshats up... I myself need a keg of formula!

Crew and admin here are great. Business men, managers, shift workers, dads.... Response time may vary.

Yeah sorry guys was totally taking the piss at myself and Brad.
I am not allowed to do status updates because Im an asshat.
The admins are really good even if they have banned my asshat several times.

ohgoodthinking99 said:
Hi bradsbrew, it looks like you are an admin? I have a friend stuck in the joining process as well. Could you please check on Brigsy79? Thank you :)
Hi Max, this should be fixed now.

On a side note, I do volunteer my time here and with a rather busy job I do not see every thread that pops up and sometimes it may be a day or 2 before I get to respond to a PM (although I do not have a PM from you?)

As for Radshoes, yes he was taking the piss out of me.......again, he is a pesty arsehat after all.

Enjoy your time here, pisstaking with other brewers/ mates is considered a friendly sport .

Cheers

radshoes said:
Hey bradsbrew mr admin person. I can't seem to do status updates for some reason. Do you think your admin super powers could change that?
Im also an asshat but I dont think you can fix that ;)
No. Crawl back in your hole. Status update privilliges will be reinstated when you can perform like an adult for more that 5 consecutive days..........so no changes in the near distant future then eh? :drinks:

Bradsbrew, thankyou for sorting out Brigsy79, he's in. Radshoes and I have cleared our air, and all is well. I didn't know who to contact our how, but I had a saved message from 'admin', so I replied to that. If I might liken controlling a mash to the mechanics of a forum ; one should not be mad or frustrated at something one does not understand, but rather, one should strive to understand. There you go, my Zen quota for the year.

yep
f787ec53664ddb776148e9bf29f3636b.jpg

wad u think I meant....?

I've got three kids and one's a baby.... I can't even have sex because I want to..... let alone do it for Radshoes.

You can't?
Where'd the kids come from?

Disclaimer: I'm adopted so I get there are alternatives (in case you also are a bit sensitive).

ohgoodthinking99 said:
Bradsbrew, thankyou for sorting out Brigsy79, he's in. Radshoes and I have cleared our air, and all is well. I didn't know who to contact our how, but I had a saved message from 'admin', so I replied to that. If I might liken controlling a mash to the mechanics of a forum ; one should not be mad or frustrated at something one does not understand, but rather, one should strive to understand. There you go, my Zen quota for the year.
Good on you. I'd have been fairly pissed if I'd had a similar response to one of my first posts. It's a beer brewing forum, which does mean we may be a little inebriated at times and what seems to be hilarious after a pint or 12, just isn't. But most of us aren't arseholes all the time. I am, but most of us aren't.

Latest posts

Back