Need A Recipe.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynian

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Well currently i have 2 empty fermenters and this is troubling me greatly. So i am on the lookout for a new recipe. To be a little more specific, i have lots of UK Progress hops and Styrian Goldings hops to use and would like a kit/extract recipe to get a brew on the way.

Does anyone hve some good suggestions or recipes they can recommend?

I've heard Styrian Goldings described as a Fuggle with Goldings charcacter. Perhaps have a look for a good English Special Bitter (ESB) recipe. Type ESB into the search engine on this site and I'm sure pages of recipes will spill out.

I've also seen Styrian Goldings used in an Oktoberfest @
http://www.homebrew.com/pdfs/recipes/extra...oberfestExt.pdf

I started by making four or five of the pretty simple "beer of the moment" recipes on the Grain and Grape site. They are a good way to learn to brew different styles.

Coincidentally I also have a lot of Progress and Styrian Goldings... heh ;)

The Progress seem suited to English bitter styles, as has already been suggested; an ESB is certainly on the cards for me (when I get my Wit and JS Aussie Strong Ale clone done, ack! :blink: ). You could perhaps use the Goldings in a strong Belgian ale of some description? One of my favourite styles.

OT: I currently have too much beer fermenting and lagering but not enough bottles... you have those wonderful kegs... I think we need to team up. :D :chug:

Sounds like a fine plan to me MCWB.

I will have the kegs emptied and ready by the end of this evening :)

Back