Need A Cheap Source For Co2 Bulbs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman

Reaction score
i have one of those keg charger things, but i need a cheap source for co2 bulbs.

anyone know where to get them?

Hey Kman I stripped the thread inside the charger then you can use the normal co2 bulbs that you can buy at any of the kitchen ware places. You will need to put a spacer in the bottom as they are a bit shorter than the one you get with the charger.

Bigfella

What bigfella has suggested is the best way, I have not seen the 12 gram chargers in AUS for any cheap price. When I make an order to brewers discount (smll order) I get them to chuck in a pack as they are cheaper then you will get here..

Wortgames - this is what I originally thought too but terry assurred me that they can be sent.

I have received a few packs from them now without a drama

Slugger,

Are they the threaded or unthreaded ones & what cost?

id like to thank everyone that took part in hi-jacking my thread

:)

kman said:
id like to thank everyone that took part in hi-jacking my thread

:)
[post="60620"][/post]​

not much of a hijack....

Got mine from David Jones for $6.95 a pack(10 bulbs). Also House have them at $6.50

Sorry that was for soda bulbs

I bought a "genuine innovations" keg charger from brewers discount a few monthes back which came with an unthreaded bulb. I then bought 16g unthreaded bulbs from finewhip.com.au ($20 for 10) which look the same but when trying to fit the charger, are actually slightly wider at the tip and (unlike bigfella mentioned in an earlier post) are slightly longer than the charger chamber.

I just thought i would bump this thread because I purchased these under the description of "beer chargers" and yet they dont fit a beer charger and one would need calipers the actually measure the size difference that makes them useless.

Has anyone tried cutting out the thread in the charger (like bigfella) except to fit bulbs slightly longer? Might fit?

Or are the threaded cartriges all the same so I would be better off keeping the thread in the charger and buying threaded new cartriges?

I bought a "genuine innovations" keg charger from brewers discount a few monthes back which came with an unthreaded bulb. I then bought 16g unthreaded bulbs from finewhip.com.au ($20 for 10) which look the same but when trying to fit the charger, are actually slightly wider at the tip and (unlike bigfella mentioned in an earlier post) are slightly longer than the charger chamber.

I just thought i would bump this thread because I purchased these under the description of "beer chargers" and yet they dont fit a beer charger and one would need calipers the actually measure the size difference that makes them useless.

Has anyone tried cutting out the thread in the charger (like bigfella) except to fit bulbs slightly longer? Might fit?

Or are the threaded cartriges all the same so I would be better off keeping the thread in the charger and buying threaded new cartriges?

Mate, I nearly had the same problem when I first went to buy some co2 bulbs for mine. In the instructions with the keg charger it stipulates to buy non-threaded co2 bulbs, even though the charger has a female thread where the bulb is inserted. I was asking at several homebrew shops for non threaded, and none could supply. Luckily I guess.
You need to buy the threaded ones (in my experience) mate.

Cheers, John.

Thanks jyo, ill get some threaded cartriges now that you have suggested that they are not something like imperial or metric.

Back