Natural Gas Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stratis

Reaction score
Anybody know where in Melbourne I can get a natural gas burner that will run off mains gas?

-Stratis

Does such a thing exist? I would be very interested to know also if anybody knows anything about this. Works out a hell of a lot cheaper than 9kg bottles (after all the installation ;) :rolleyes: )

Many of the LPG burners will run on NG just as your average BBQ will - BUT you do need to upsize the jetting. If you bought your burner at a BBQ shop, go and ask if they can supply the NG jets. DONT try and drill the jets yourself as the hole diameter is very critical.

If you can have a look at your existing LPG jet it should be marked with the hole diameter - something like "0.8" or "1.1" depending on the burner rating. I can look up the jet calculator wheel and find the appropriate jet size for NG so you know waht to ask for.

You may also need a new regulator for NG although some burners will run straight of the NG mains pressure (both my Carmichael burners run direct on NG)

Wes

TD, most of those cast iron burners on the Gameco site are made by Carmichael in Sydney.

Wes

I found Paul at Keefers in Braeside very helpful.You need to check if you have enough pressure on your NG. Mine didn't work.It just dribbled out.I went with propane.
www.keeferbros.com.au
Can anyone tell me how to post links?

Back