Natural Gas BBQ

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_sa

Now in 3V
Reaction score
Hi folks,

When we built our house we installed a NG outlet out the back which is now udner our verandah, for the purpose of BBQ and eventually brewing when i get a burner sorted...

Now, my only question is, It is currently a fitting as attached, I heard i need to get a gas fitter out to basically install a ball valve... and obviously obtain a certificate of compliance which i am happy to do.

Is this correct?

NG.jpg

My brother did his but he is a plumber / gas fitter, I believe the barbecue has to be compliant for natural gas,if it was me I would be getting it done professionally and obtaining the compliance certificate just for peace of mind.

So is that bit plumbed in and attached to your wall already?

Yeah it is. All connected. Did it with the hosuse build for $250!

Ill buy a NG compliant bbq but just want to know is it plug and play or do i need more connections etc?

I've done a few of them back in the day.
You basically just need to swap the jets out from LPG to natural gas compatible and screw on the appropriate hose with a male bayonet fitting.
Probably worth getting it done and signed off by a pro unless you're familiar with this stuff.
Should get change out of $200.

Yeah, if you get a NG BBQ it should have the correct fitting on the end to just plug into the hole and away you go.

We have an inside heater with that kind of fitting.
Wheel it into the house in winter and store in the shed in summer.
I give it a squirt with soapy water when I first connect it for winter.

Latest posts

Back