National Homebrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+ 1 for Martin and his help. He bent over backwards to help me with a keg problem.

Yob said:
Be handy to maintain temps out in the shed in Winter... probably more applications for those of us not swaggering about in shorts and thongs all year :lol:
The only way to do it Yob, would be to have a sparky hard wire a controller to the heater element control side. Running the unit on an STC1000 would result in it also turning the stir function on/off as well.

The heater does get hot enough to dissolve the malt and to pasteurize it.

I used mine on cold nights this winter to adjust the temp a few times when we were trialling them. Worked very quickly for a few degrees shift in temp to keep the yeast happy.

Martin

HBHB said:
The only way to do it Yob, would be to have a sparky hard wire a controller to the heater element control side.
Yep, thats what I was thinking. Would be a fairly easy mod I rekon.

Probably not so great for the warranty though :D

Forever Wort said:
Love it when coastal Queenslanders refer to "cold" nights!
LOL, after our first night in Hervey Bay after moving from Toowoomba in winter there were icicles hanging on the fence in the paddock. (Was a record cold snap)

Now, we know it's cold when the green tree frogs aren't out trying to eat the geckos on the patio at night.

Martin

Top service, my order was packed and shipped within three hours of ordering.

I ordered a mix of specialty grains, yeasts and hops - price came out around 30% cheaper than another sponsor site. I emailed a question about postage, and got a phone call back within 5 mins - then was delivered within 2 days with a bonus gift! These guys are great!

Just a little issue I noticed with the site guys.
I just went on and went through the process of ordering grains and so forth so that I could compare some costs.
When selecting the same malt twice for 2 different recipes i.e Add .85kg of Joe white wheat malt and then put 1.8kg of Joe white wheat malt in.
The only one in the cart is the first one.
Didn't notice until the end of my order.
I realize I can email you and I will of course to be sure but thought you might like to know.

I will be emailing anyway as I notice that for orders like this it doesn't automatically calculate freight.

leahy268 said:
Just a little issue I noticed with the site guys.
I just went on and went through the process of ordering grains and so forth so that I could compare some costs.
When selecting the same malt twice for 2 different recipes i.e Add .85kg of Joe white wheat malt and then put 1.8kg of Joe white wheat malt in.
The only one in the cart is the first one.
Didn't notice until the end of my order.
I realize I can email you and I will of course to be sure but thought you might like to know.

I will be emailing anyway as I notice that for orders like this it doesn't automatically calculate freight.
On it Warwick. Need to work this one through with the techs. thanks for the heads up. Appreciate it.

Martin

Does anyone know the phone number for National Home Brew? Can only find the link to a skype number on the website and I don't have data reception on my mobile at the moment.

+10 for Martin's service and advice. Great products and packaging is a bonus!! :)

Martin called me last night at 7pm with some advice on some gear I am looking to purchase. Had a good chat and he is currently testing some equipment to confirm it will work as expected. Great service.

Now take my money :)

Yeah I have to agree with everyone. Great customer service.

A short time after placing my order there was a message on my phone from Martin confirming my order and the promise of something a little extra thrown in to soften the postage cost to down here in little ol' Tassie.
Great way to promote your business guys. The free hops more than made up for the postage.

Will definitely deal with again.

Cheers

I ordered a large item from Martin yesterday, he rang and arranged shipping. Rang again shortly after to say the couriers will not deliver to my neck of the woods (some are too scared to enter the hills around these parts). He then arranged to send by Australia Post

All this and my item was at the local post office waiting collection at 8.00am this morning.

Big thumbs ups the NHB. :beerbang: :super:

Not to mention it was the best price I could find in Australia as well.

Batz

Placed an order for some hops yesterday morning, thinking I'd left it too late before the weekend but the might be a chance they turn up Friday. Got an email 5 hours after the order saying they'd shipped and just took delivery less than 30 hrs after I placed the order.

Just awesome service. I've waited 7 days for orders to be delivered from within Brisbane before. The Amber I'm brewing this weekend will have Amarillo in it after all.

My first order arrived today in perfect condition with a few bonus extras!! Thanks again Martin and I'll surely be buying from national homebrew again!!

Cheers,

AJ

I have bought off them and found them very efficient and the freight rates more inline with what they should be. Some of the other suppliers are a bit limited with their options and the cost is a bit over the top. They also seem to have a lot of stock. Perhaps more than another one everyone talks about.

Had a look at the website and ordered a few items. Smooth, easy process to register and progress through to checkout.

..I chose the "courier" option for delivery and that's where the drama started.

To say the service from my local courier franchise was disgraceful would be pumping up their tyres a little too much! They were so far beyond ordinary ...it's hard to know where to begin.

Anyway, after a mountain of issues and difficulty tracking down my parcel with little result, I thought I should inform Martin at National Homebrew of all this difficulty I was having with the order.

Well, Martin and the team at National wasted no time in sorting things out for me. And the follow-up and customer service has been second to none. Because I had ordered some yeast packs as part of my order (which was close to a week overdue), Martin had the courier return the goods to him and he posted me a "fresh" order by Aussie Post ...even included a few bonus extras for the inconvenience.

I think we regional brewers are very spoiled when it comes to great products and great service from our on-line retailers. NHB are certainly doing their part in keeping the standards high and the customer satisfied. ;)

Back