National Ahb Meeting-gauging Opinion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
fellow members
ive posted odds and ends on this topic but am wondering what everyones thoughts are on oneday having a national meeting of ahb forum members and friends/interested brewers etc.
there are already various state gatherings via members coming to town,big brew days and shop owners opening up to brew days where members can meet face to face and share valuable info.
im thinking along the lines of a once yearly meet where members from a state can meet and any visiting members at the time can come along.
this state venue will be rotational each year via states with enough forum members to make it worth while.count out the nt-2 members by my count-but if ya wanna go fishing????

i would appreciate any thoughts as i reckon it would be a goer considering the interest and attendance shown for the batz world tour and my last visit to perth and future visit to adelaide and perth where already a great deal of hospitality is already being shown with various things organised.its only gotta benefit our brewing community and friendship.

cheers
big d

There's a idea there dave, iam sure we could get a car load together from Adelaide for a weekend trip if we do some good planning well ahead of time.
Iam willing to put a car load of brewers up at my joint for a weekend if we were to do such a thing in Adelaide.
I'd like to go to melbourne and visit the mountian goats at the same time.

Jayse

and wouldnt you know it adelaide is rather central to most states.i plan on in a few years time or so residing in perth but from what i can gather the old virgin airlines has rather cheap fares around australia providing you dont live here.so to cut a long whine short with enough forward planning most venues should be accessible if members put interstate members up for a few nights/whatever.cuts costs via accomadation big time.i will batch members no worries when i settle in perth.
either way it will lead to a great time.
mmmm can hardly wait.

cheers
big d

A good idea Big D.
Any excuse to get together to talk beer and brewing.
Would take a bit of organising on a national scale but anything is possible.
Cheers,

bbb
its just something ive been thinking about for awhile and i reckon distance aside its something that collectively we could organise and really unite the homebrewing community of australia together as looking at all the post origins we have members in every state except norfolk island and the south pole( although im lead to believe they have stuff sent from grumpys)
comps aside im leaning more towards the social gathering side of things where people can learn all sides of brewing and if inclined can even enter or organise comps and get into the judging side of things.its a long learning curve and gatherings of brewers as has been seen lately with interstate members of this forum getting together with members/friends in adelaide uniting brewers that may have other wise not met being of benifit.
national scale yeah but small steps first then maybe we can organise something if the interest is shown in most states to justify a national meeting.
an idea anyway. :unsure:

This is something I have been trying to get some interest in. Instead of Melbourne, what about meeting in Ballarat and touring the Uni of B brewery? Melbourne is just 2 hours away.

And also invite Craft Brewer digest members etc. More the merrier

Jovial Monk

Sounds good JM.
Just wondering will you need a booster seat for the car so you can see out the window for the trip over. ;) :lol:

Jayse

jayse said:
Sounds good JM.
Just wondering will you need a booster seat for the car so you can see out the window for the trip over. ;) :lol:

Jayse
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now that's funny!
Might need one for Ken too if he comes along (NOI)!

Reckon I would be keen as long as its planned well in advance. I'm sure we could organise tours to micros in local areas. Brew days, etc.
Maybe we could even run a beer competition to coincide with the weekend. Open to all brewers on AHB. Just a thought.

C&B
TDA

Maybe they can take it in turns sitting on each other knee. :lol:

The micro tours i reckon is a must. Adelaide does'nt have much too look at in that area.
Grumpies have a tin shed and not much too look at, the holdy is not much to look at either but if they were brewing it might make it worth while.
I'd be willing to go where ever if we get some events organized.

Jayse

Jayse and TDA, LOL: :D :lol:

I s'pose if I went I would have to stick my head out through the sun-roof,
You know, just like that Toyota advert where the camel has got his head out through the top.

:lol: :lol: :lol: B) :ph34r:
Cheers

lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: @ jayse and TDA

now what would make this more funnier is that we hire a mini cooper s with baby seats for Ken and JM and a sun roof for bbb

seriously thou a group meet anywhere would be just fine with me as long as it is planned well in advanced

cheers and beers
ozdevil

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you guys have me in stiches.

i will bring the goat as he is always tired

Jovial_Monk said:
No heightism on ahb please!

;)

Jovial Monk
I thought they got rid of "apart-height" ;)

Back