Nasa Burners Are For Girls

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sosman

beerling
Reaction score
And you thought nasa burners were noisy ...

TurboJet.jpg

http://brewiki.org/OtherStuff

That's crazy in the coconut!

I'd love to see a vidoe of that thing fired up

Sos,
That takes the cake as the most dangerous piece of HB equipment I have ever seen. Asbestos underpants would be the go when operating that monster.
I hope you have a long hose to your gas cylinder. Wouldn't want that going up too.
Take care
cheers Darren

Look forward to seeing some pics of it in action (don't stand too close).

If you beat this fella I will be very scared! :ph34r:

OMG! That thing could be dangerous in the wrongs hands. Great way to send your entire brewery to the moon. ...Its probably a good idea i dont own one :excl:

vlbaby.

I was thinking the same thing - I've got 2 sitting in a box in the garage. I still don't fully appreciate how it works, especially how one would mount it.

The tubo acts as a turbine. Basically the jet comes out the compresors inlet.

JasonY said:
Look forward to seeing some pics of it in action (don't stand too close).

If you beat this fella I will be very scared! :ph34r:
[post="65934"][/post]​
Well the flame is a lot bluer and doesn't shoot so far.

sosman said:
Well the flame is a lot bluer and doesn't shoot so far.
[post="65956"][/post]​

But how about the noise ?
Your neighbours must love you :lol:

Doc

i saw some of these home made gas turbine engines on the net a few weeks ago. one of them the was being used to keep the owners beer cool :eek: by placing his gas bottle in a bucket of water with his beer bottles, it uses a lot of LPG and quickly too, making the gas bottle quite cool. :D

http://www.asciimation.co.nz/beer/

NRB said:
I was thinking the same thing - I've got 2 sitting in a box in the garage. I still don't fully appreciate how it works, especially how one would mount it.
[post="65950"][/post]​

Well if you have 2 turbos lying around you could go one step better - A rocket engine (beats the crap out of a turbofan in terms of grunt). Set up both turbos to spin with compressed air. Use one to compress lpg, the other to compress either air or O2. Inject both compressed gas streams into a combustion chamber and spark it up. Your very own turbopumped rocket engine. On a real system the combustion chamber wall is gas cooled and the coolant is recirculated to drive the turbopumps...

Cheers
Dave

Latest posts

Back