Nasa Burner Is All Systems Go!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vlbaby

Beer Budda
Reaction score
Got myself a new mongolian burner on saturday in prep for my up and coming first AG brew. Hooked her up for the first time this arvo, and damn near burnt off my eye brows! :eek:
Gave it test on 35L of water in my converted becks keg, and she fired up to a rolling boil in 30 mins. I couldnt be more happy. Just a few more pieces to collect and i'll be ready for my first all grain brew, either that or a divorce :(

Anyhow for now I have a few k&K brews to drink.

Its hard work, but you know someones got to do it.

cheers

vlbaby

vlbaby,
how much is a mongolian burner ??

I'm looking at a burner upgrade and was thinking of the nasa burners. Are these Mongolian burners the same as Ashers (refer Gallery)?

I know he had a few teething probs with his....

I got the burner for $55 at grain and grape less 20% sale price, and from what i can see its the same as Ashers, as pictured in the gallery.
I wonder what teething probs he had, mine worked brilliantly. Only probs i can see is you get the burner only, and must pay extra for the extension pipe, tap and hose.

I think the flame was coming out too yellow and creating black smoke, so he blocked up a few of the jets and now it seems to work well (judging by the results anyway).

From what I can tell, mongolian burners rely more on shear numbers of burners more than pressure, that is why they are used in natural gas situations.

If you go to the bottom of
brewiki: brewpot then you can see a mongolian burner and a high pressure type side by side. The are both from Gameco.

Back