Namibian Urbock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE DRUNK ARAB

Zen Arcade
Reaction score
Just had this beer, made in Namibia. (obviously by the title )

Apperance: pours a lovely deep ruby red, crystal clear, lovely tan head.

Aromas: of bread, honey and malt.

Flavour: :chug: :D :chug: :p
malty, low bitterness, great carbonation. alcohol of 7% well hidden. beautifully balanced. full bodied.

This is a lovely beer. At $3 it is v.good value. YUM. I found it at Harvest, Marion.

TVDA

I'll have to give it a go.

Dont bother with the Namibian Windhoek Special. Its pretty shite.

Here was my comments:
"Pours clear golden with short lasted bubbly white head. Big corn sugar aroma with a bit of grassy hops behind it and a hint of honey? Medium-thin body, with a watery mid and finish. Sweet reasonably malty start with a stale bitter finish. Very similar to a lot of australian "premium" beers. Crap IMO."
AP2/5 AR4/10 FL3/10 PA2/5 - OV 7/20.

i dont know about the beer but "beerking" in adelaide delivers it to your door for $50.

www.beerking.com.au

check it out it really is worth the look. Just in case your wondering, i'm just a happy customer

Wedge

some pricks keep ording windhoek lager from my work (liquorland direct) where we do mostly mixed cases, but have to be able to offer straight cases of what we sell in the mixed cases. :p

becomes a real pain re ordering stock etc....particularly the belgium beers, currently have a pallet stuck at customs, and a load of thirsty customers :(

Back