Names Of Good Brew Pubs You Have Visited.

• Thread starter waggabrewers
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holgates in Woodend, & Rifle Brigade in Bendigo are 2 good ones around my area in central Vic. But a fortnight ago went over to Grumpy's in South Aus. That was well worth the trip, to meet Grumpy 1&2 & the goat
;) :blink: ;)

normell said:
Holgates in Woodend, & Rifle Brigade in Bendigo are 2 good ones around my area in central Vic. But a fortnight ago went over to Grumpy's in South Aus. That was well worth the trip, to meet Grumpy 1&2 & the goat
;) :blink: ;)
I'll second the Holgate pub - wonderful place.

Shit it's a fair drive from Mildura but

Yeah, I know gotta drive up there tomorrow for work.

The Port Dock Brewpub in Port Adelaide.The preacher which is a dark ale and a ripper IMHO is well worth a taste.

The last brewpub I went to was the Duckstein, the beers were average, the food sensational.

I sadly haven't tried out too many of the others outside of Perth city/Freo, but who can go past Little Creatures without stopping in for a pint or 6?

Yes I must confess that LC is one of my all time favourite drops. Has any one heard of any Brew Pubs in the Hunter Valley region of NSW?

I don't think there is any in the Hunter Peter. I know The Brewery in Newcastle used to be but they worked out they could earn more money by turning the space into another bar......

But i would be interested to know if there are any up the hunter to.

There is a micro at the Hunter resort which is also the blue tounge brewery, but they dont brew there yet. I think they are going to brew seasonals there.

As for brewpubs, im a fan of the Shark oil at the Five Islands Brewing Co. in Wollongong. Food there is quite good as well.

I haven't yet been there but I have recently stumbled upon website:

www.redoak.com.au

and its a boutique beer cafe who brews there own brand.

Looks good and the food looks good too!

Also Kingley's Schnitzel and Ale house in Woolloomooloo is a great place for a beer and bite to eat (but not a brew pub). They also have a wall of fame where if you drink 12 steins (i think, maybe its 10) in a month, you get your name up on the wall and a free Kingley's Stein. Did I mention the food is excellent!!

mmmmmmm stein :chug:

Hi There,

Got told today at work, I'm going to North Carolina in a couple of weeks time, and decided to have a look to see if there are any brewpub there. I found this one.

I think I'll have to stop in for a couple.

Cheers,
Jase

Oxford 152 in Brisbane. Not much of a brewpub for atmosphere, but jeez the beers are top shelf.

found this one in the latest zymurgy mag for ya jase.
hops grillhouse and brewery charolette,huntersville,matthews.
it also lists 4 hbs and even the homebrew adventures web site is based in nth carolina.

cheers
big d

Again not a brewpub but a great range of beers in Adelaide.

Wheatsheaf Hotel
39 George St
Thebarton

Was there 2 weeks ago and they had Samuel Smiths Imperial Stout for $7!

C&B
TDA

The Sail & Anchor in Freo. They had wonderful Bock on a few weeks ago, may have to drop in to see if its still on.

Im with Snow - the ox (oxford 152) is my local. their beers are great and if you can get there before lunch on a weekday, you can speak with the brewmaster -
a Canadian guy who is so enthusiastic about beer its hard to stop him talking!
Dunno about poor atmosphere though - theres a great modern jazz band on thursday nights and plenty to look at!
By the way - its located at Bulimba on Oxford street

adam said:
Im with Snow - the ox (oxford 152) is my local. their beers are great and if you can get there before lunch on a weekday, you can speak with the brewmaster -
a Canadian guy who is so enthusiastic about beer its hard to stop him talking!
Dunno about poor atmosphere though - theres a great modern jazz band on thursday nights and plenty to look at!
By the way - its located at Bulimba on Oxford street
I guess, I just got the feeling they treat it more as a snazzy restaurant than a watering hole. Nothing wrong with snazzy restaurants, of course. I've only been there for lunch a couple of times, so I admit I haven't sampled the nightlife there....

- Snow

Yeah, it isn't my idea of good atmosphere. Metros tend not to appreciate beer.

Latest posts

Back