Nags Heda

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wasabi

Reaction score
I'm in Sydney helping a friend move this weekend, so we thought we'd pop down the Nags Head (being the 1st Friday of the Month) and see what guest ale they have in.

Anyone else thinking of going?

Wasabi,
How did it go??

Do they do it in Dec? If so lets make it the AHB Sydney Chrissy drinks (5/12/03)...thoughts????

Linz,

The December get together sounds like a good idea, I'm in for it.

Sat was OK, no that's a lie...it was very average. They had a Real Ale on tap, and although it was one of Matt's it was pretty average.

Cloudy as a wheat beer and pretty tame on flavour. I mean it wasn't a bad beer, it just wasn't a $6.00 a pint beer. We only stayed for one, then raided the local bottlo for some imports and took them home.

Hopefully they'll have something better for next month!

Yeah, especially since they usually serve it on a Friday night.....must have been a loooooooonnngggg one on friday night to still be there on Sat?!?!

Went to the tastings last night. They had a Natural Blonde (wheat beer, smooth but with a very bitter finish, tasted like a bit too much POR), Cinnnamon Girl (balanced ale with a taste of cinnamon, don't know if I'd brew with cinnamon though), and a Porter (the best drop of the night, good roasty brown ale).
I'd love to get a hand pump.
This sort of thing needs to be encouraged, we'll be going back.

Is it still in that smokey upstairs room???

Latest posts

Back