Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating using the link above.

MyBrewbot

Discussion in 'Electronics, Hardware & Software' started by Gloveski, 2/3/18.

1. Gloveski

Posted 2/3/18
    I recently brought one of these little units so when I am away from work I could monitor how my brews are going and get the wife to adjust pressure settings so I had perfectly carbed beer . I have only used it the once and I dont control my temp fridge as of yet with it I just use the 3rd probe to Monitor second pressure fermenter. Rigged it up for second lot of brews today. First impressions I am very impressed and I was suprised how quick my brews using a slurry fermented out , way quicker than I had thought. The App works great aswell

Jermey is great to deal and answered endless questions I had with the unit, and I think since I brought mine there is a newer model out aswell.

https://www.mybrewbot.com/

Anyway I thought I would share as I haven't seen anyone mention it as yet

wide eyed and legless likes this.
  2. wide eyed and legless

Posted 2/3/18
    Just need a pressure adjusting wife to go with it, I can imagine what mine would say.

3. Garfield

Posted 2/3/18
    Looks like a great device. What did it cost you to land one from the UK?

4. malt and barley blues

Posted 2/3/18
    Does look good, really need a thermowell to be accurate, I wonder if there are any Chinese temp controller comes with the phone app?

5. Gloveski

Posted 8/3/18
    Was about $93 aud from memory

6. bingggo

Posted 15/3/18
    I recall a pretty similar product stopped working a while back, when the servers closed down. Anyone remember the name?

This one looks good. Developer has been answering my questions quickly. It does rely on a cloudserver funded by the developer for historical data, but the logic is in the hardware. So hopefully they would tweak its capability if they ever closed their company and stopped funding the server. Eg. so you could direct connect to the device for point-in-time readings/control.

7. wide eyed and legless

Posted 16/3/18
    I remember Beer Bug had some problems a while back, but they are still being sold.

8. huez

Posted 16/3/18
    They ended up selling the company and it recently relaunched as the "Brewperfect". I think it's basically the same they just developed a better app for it.

I ordered a brewbot last week. He was good on answering questions and looks like he's trying to work in Tilt data as well so i was sold. Hopefully turn up next week.

wide eyed and legless likes this.
  9. huez

Posted 13/5/18
    After being sent 2 different units and spending hours trying to get this thing to work i've given up on it. Turns out the smart outlets he recommended on his website didn't actually work with the unit, even though he said they had been tested with it. I'm not wasting anymore time or money on it so i'll sell it if anyone is interested.

10. Black n Tan

Posted 13/5/18
    BrewBit

11. Garfield

Posted 17/5/18
    I've heard better sales pitches I must admit

huez likes this.
  12. huez

Posted 17/5/18
    Haha, yeah look didn't really expect anyone to take me up on the offer. I've put it on the shelf of disappointment with the rest of the failures....

13. mashmaniac

Posted 17/5/18
    Brewpiless has all the same features, (without the cloud hang up) and is open source. Ok so you do need some soldering skillz and need to put it together, but has been proven to work the world over, and is tilt (and the other one) compatible. Can be setup with your home network or as stand alone AP.
    Building stuff can be painful but end of the day, you get what is otherwise unavailable (or exy as), I think @Moad and a few others are using them now.

14. Moad

Posted 17/5/18
    I use brewpiless, I have some ispindels I built and a few more to finish off but I’ve never consistently used them.

The problem is the foam during fermentation throws it off and also calibrating is a pain in the ass!

It’s on my list to sort out the calibration and use them.

Edit: pretty much all the same features as this, could build both for less than $100