My Worst Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
what an unbelievable comedy of errors on my brewday today.
first up measuring out the required hop additions i get hop dust in my eye.and im brewing an ipa as well.(eye) <_<
so alls now going well.did the mash no worries so straight to the boil.5 minutes later i run out of gas.electric immersion heater saves the day.just
cool the wort down and open outlet valve to pour into fermenter and out pops a cockroach straight into the fermenter.
no worries.a quick curse and shut off valve as roach swims in wort.bend down,pick out roach and stand up and crack my head on the edge of my brewstand.mmm blood.not good.
quick patch job and im away again.
finished off brew and pitched yeast.
hope it turns out ok.
plan to brew again tomorrow but without any dramas.i hope.
did i mention finding snake skin near my brew rig.i was a bit nervous.

cheers
big d

Thats Nothin - wait until the table tips over and u loos 12ltrs of 1200 OG Belgian Golden Draak.
And also 13 kg of grain in the Mash Tun ready for the second batch....

Dont mention broken steps or kids on the roof....

I hope the IPA turns out good after those dramas. Depends where the cockie has been lol.

Good luck with it Big d. Maybe you got all your bad brewing luck out of the road in one hit? Hope so. Here's to Big d's *%$@#$ IPA :beer:

Shawn.

I am most worried about the snake skin, he isn't far away.

What local varieties do you have? Do you have an emergency bandage handy?

If you have problems with him Big D, throw a lump of bird/fish netting over him. He will get stuck like a fish. Use a stick and roll him into a drum and throw it into the freezer.
A shot-gun would probably be just as effective.

Over all its sounds like a usual brew day for me!

think i would go straight to the hospital lager.
hopefully it was a python.i know we have death adders up this way.(folk law who knows) but there are venomous snakes here for sure.
caught another cane toad out side of the front door this evening.another poisonous creature up here.make that another one.wife just came home and i had to remove another fist size toad.
maybe if the snakes eat the toads there will be no snakes.there goes the native wildlife.bummer

cheers
big d

a lotta snakes up there, tree snakes, pythons, taipans!!! :ph34r:

Darren said:
If you have problems with him Big D, throw a lump of bird/fish netting over him. He will get stuck like a fish. Use a stick and roll him into a drum and throw it into the freezer.
A shot-gun would probably be just as effective.

Over all its sounds like a usual brew day for me!
[post="61855"][/post]​

:angry: ....or you could just let the snake do his job - keeping mice and rats out of the grain.

- Snow

Latest posts

Back