My Ugly Kettle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
This page is dedicated to those who have less than ideal setups. This is a pic of my "Ugly Kettle" made from two 19 pots from Big W that are silver soldered together.The inside has been cleaned up with a flap wheel and wire brush wheel to make it healthy.

ugly_kettle2.JPG

top engineering stu.i see nothing wrong with your set up other than no stand.for me a stand helps out the old back from bending over too much.if i was a real brewer i would buy a march pump then i wouldnt have to climb a ladder to fill my hlt with hot hot tap water each brew day.im bound to fall off it one day.

cheers
big d

Top set up stu, can I have it when you are finished with it :D

from,

wee stu's brury - where all good preloved brewing equipment finds a loving home

"bare backed brewing at its barefaced, brazen, borrowed best" :p

seriously, stu, I am impressed by the ingenuity of the set up.
Well beyond my enfeebled imagination

awrabest, the other stu

This kettle is now 5 yrs old and still going :beerbang:

As is the esky mash tun :drinks:

That surely is an ugly kettle. The surroundings however look beautiful. Must be nice living amongst all that bush?

I remember that picture, a thing of God awful beauty!

Cant believe it was 5 years ago! :eek:

BB

I remember thinking that was ugly back then too, you haven't prettied up the outside yet, have you?

My brewery is still a hodgepodge of pieces randomly assembled into a 2 or 3 tier setup as opportunity and outdoor furnishings provide. The pieces of podge have changed a lot in the last five years but the overall hodge largely remains. Still makes beer though, from time to time.

Actually it is even uglier... due to many boilovers... :icon_cheers:

But it still works :icon_chickcheers:

Cost me a total of $50 to make... :beerbang:

Good, shiney, flashy equipment doesn't mean the beer will be better... I remember a comment on here not long back from someone saying "The best beer I ever had was made in 1 pot and an esky". I think it was referring to one of Tony's brews...

Invest time on knowledge....

Latest posts

Back