My Tasting Paddle...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyPaul

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I posted about brewing the beer for my sons engagement party.

Well here's the line up. Complete with labels and colours (thanks to Ian's spreadsheet)

Still have some work to do on the descriptions (stole the words from existing reviews for the descriptions. So if they look familiar..thanks)

paddle.JPG

Thats frikkin awesome man, how much have you brewed for it? One of my mates supplied his own wedding, damn fine event..

nice artwork man

, how much have you brewed for it

6 kegs to be on tap on the night

3 all grain and 3 kits and bits
4 brewed, 2 to go.

He is going to get a few slabs of swill cause there its bound to be a few that just won't appreciate good beer.

He is going to get a few slabs of swill cause there its bound to be a few that just won't appreciate good beer.
You might be surprised...

I recently beer-catered my own 40th birthday, with 60 people along. I had six kegs as well.

The hefeweizen and the stout both got hit pretty hard, the Aussie Bitter (a Carlton Draught clone, thanks Bribie) hardly got drunk at all.

6 kegs to be on tap on the night

3 all grain and 3 kits and bits
4 brewed, 2 to go.

Stirling effort. Can I make one suggestion? If the '2 to go' includes one of the dark/black beers change to something else.
All my catered to 'normal' drinkers has seen the black beers drunk the least.

Hi guys.

Just thought I'd post an update on how this went.

2 out of 6 kegs (pale ale & esb) completely finished off. Based on the weight of them (if one litre equals roughly one kg) that its about 5 litres approximately left in each oid the other 4 kegs.

Whilst I was hoping for more leftovers for me...I am pretty happy I brewed stuff that was so well.

Thanks to mxd for the loa of his taps. The bar looked awesome.

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_9919.jpg

Sounds like it went fantastically - well done.

That's the kind of bar I'd love to walk up to any day.

That's the kind of bar I'd love to walk up to any day.

Shame it was just a temporary job.

Pinched the work bench, which is just two wooden crates. Drilled holes in the bench topfor the fonts. Lined the bottom crate with plastic and filed with kegs and ice.

Worked a treat and looked great. Most of the guests were very dissapointed it was'nt a permanent feature, and it wouldn't be there next time they dropped around.

Thats awesome mate.

So did you get a lot of people reading the descriptions, then sample the beers, comment on the taste, try all the different styles etc? And did you find yourself standing at the bar talking about how you brewed them etc?

Or was it just a bunch of guys drinking free beer and as much as they could type thing?

This thread needs more 'paddle' :)

Looks good though, kudos to you, always nice to share the fruits of your labour, the praise getting grander the more fruits are sampled? If we didn't have to make it, it'd be a definite win/win.

Thats awesome mate.

So did you get a lot of people reading the descriptions, then sample the beers, comment on the taste, try all the different styles etc? And did you find yourself standing at the bar talking about how you brewed them etc?

Or was it just a bunch of guys drinking free beer and as much as they could type thing?

A lot of my sons mates are into craft beers. In fact we had a boys weekend at the ballarat beer festival together. So a lot of them appreciate good beer. Idid spend at lot of time at the bar. people were really interested that I had brewed them all. So it was good to stand around having a chat.

Although we set out up to serve yourself, it amazed me how many guys could not understand how to our a beer properly without pouring all head. So I ended up pouring a lot of beer.

I found a few guys that were kit brewers that were blown away with the kit & bits pale ale and have asked for the recipe. So I have inspired a few guys to dust off their fermenters a give it another go.

The good news is that I ended up worth about 5g lets of the smoked porter left over.

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd piggy back off this one.

Here's a late birthday/early Xmas gift I received last night when catching up with friends at crown.

Custom made cricket bat paddles...

Tasting Paddles.jpg

Can't wait to get them into the action.

As there are 3 x 200ml glasses per paddle and i only run 2 taps, i think it calls for an upgrade of the dispensing side of things! :kooi:

Back