My Taste Buds Are Shot !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I've had a dose of the current flu going around and it wiped me out for a few days. I've even had three days off the beer :eek:

I'm feeling much better, and I brewed today, but whenever I have a beer, my taste buds are just shot to bits. I'm getting really weird flavours when I drink beer.

Anyone else had the current bug ? How long before your taste buds returned to normal ?

Beers,
Doc

I have been experiencing the exact same thing.

Everything I taste is awful. So am off the beer til it clears up completely. The bitterness in particular is all out of wack, allways seems more harsh.

Yeah, had the bug. Didn't notice all that much difference to when I've had bug's previously. The missus has got the bug at the moment and is giving me a bit of grief, but, I guess that's to be expected. The beer's maybe taste a slight bit more bitter than before, but, that might be because I'm already half-cut.

It's late, I've had some Arrogant clone (extract brew, with apologies), and it tastes fine.

Public servant...the government buys me a flu shot, if I want it.

Seth out

heeeey, someone owes me 2 cents now.

I'm in the same boat. Last night I had my first beer since last Saturday, and it tasted like crap. Which was odd, considering it wasn't even one of my brews :ph34r:

Doc,
Could be worse. You could have had a brewery tour pre-arranged weeks before hand then got one.
Then find yourself standing around and watching the other blokes enjoy the brewery offerings while you reject, cause you can't taste a damn thing.
Been there, done that.

Pete

PS The little ones are great for bringing stuff home aren't they?!

Peter Wadey said:
[snip]PS The little ones are great for bringing stuff home aren't they?!
[post="64100"][/post]​

Tell me about it...
I was half way through racking my Czech pils into secondary and along comes snot machine #1, lurching up the corridor towards the cellar door, sneezing and wiping his nose with his jumper sleeve as I watched the UNCOVERED fermenter fill! :blink:

On thread of instant death, he decided to do an about turn and play with his jigsaw puzzle!

Kids.....ya gotta love 'em!

TL

My taste buds are fine, but after my effort last night I think I'll be avoiding drinking anything for at least a couple days.

I had 12 days off the beer whilst I was ill and even now I haven't been able to get excited over drinking beer.
The best beer I have tasted in the last 2 weeks was at lunchtime today when Crispy dropped over to sample a Rye IPA :)

C&B
TDA

You all have it wrong ya bunch a nancys !!!!!!!!!
Drink as much as you can with the lurgy.
You will sleep like a log, have alcohol killing the bugs in your throat, and you will stop ya winging and trying to find sympothy.
The Flu has never stopped me, in fact enticed me into the nector of the gods. Go a nice strong stout 3-4 pints before bed......
I recon your getting soft you old farts !

I've had a dose of the current flu going around and it wiped me out for a few days. I've even had three days off the beer

And you call yourself Doc !!!

Cheers!!!!

homebrewworld,

That is pretty much what I normally do. But when you get a viral infection with it and are on anti-biotics, I took a couple of days off the ale. I have a beer everyday, so this week was the first time I hadn't had a beer since the great food poisoning incident of Xmas '03.

Beers,
Doc

OK Doc, your forgiven.......... :p

Next time, pleaee tittle your thread as ' Confesion '........ha
Get well soon mate,
cheers

Just took a couple of kegs to Rottnest Is. to suck up to four of my scaly mates. Well, day two and someone slipped me a Flu bug. The beer tasted like cardboard to me but the mates knocked them off in four days and assured me they were good and wished me a speedy recovery as soon as they were empty. I got on the ferry and came back a couple of days early because one of those guys put a carton of carlton midstrength in the fridge. I hope they are all sick tonight.

My taste buds returneth. THANK GOD
Oh how I missed them. Beer now tastes great again, especially my Kolsch. The first time since it is gassed that I've actually tasted it properly.

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts

Back